Friday, March 11, 2022

Friday March 11, 2022 The Mall

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Friday March 11, 2022

The day had nothing really planned, I was up at 3am, did chores, then laid dozing on the settee from 5 until almost 8am.  I called a cousin for his birthday and touched base with Dawn to come and hang with me for a bit.  Ash, Jill and Dawson were away at work and Danai was home.

We went to West Edmonton Mall, which used to be the largest Mall in the world.  It was overtaken by the Mall Of America in Minneapolis.  I have been to both, and WEM beats it hands-down!  I took a few pics, checked out the FantasyLand Hotel lounge where we used to dance most weekends and confirmed that dancing there doesn't happen anymore, sadly. 

I checked several stores to see if anyone could compete with the Duty Free electronics store at Panama City Arport on the price of a Samsung Galaxy A52 unlocked cellular at $299.99 USD...  Prices here are almost always $780.00 Canadian, plus GST.  Needless to say I am investigating purchasing one in Panama on my return trip.

We returned home and I made my salad for the girls and cleaned up.  Dawn left and at 2:30pm Danai left for Calgary to coach a kids volleyball team in a game against a Calgary team.  She will return tomorrow.  

Ash and Jill will leave after work to go there as well but stay the weekend.  I will be here with Dawson and his buddies tonight.

Tomorrow is a planned meeting with my son, Todd, and his wife, Janet.  It has beena long time in between visits and I have to find out if I can see my other grandchildren and great-grandchildren....

I hope you enjoy the pictures (Backwards..Grrrrr).  There are a few rare photos of me here, taken by others this week, and they are acceptable... lol.  

That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

 

Faking shooting


In WEM


The ice rink at WEM

Yellowstone fans will get this

The waterpark at WEM

Waves at the waterpark

Stern of the Santa Maria replica

Where we used to dance...

The replica inside the Mall

The figurehead

Frontal view

Lunch with Gord Tuesday

I kinds like this shot!