Thursday, March 17, 2022

Thursday March 17, 2022 The Lake

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Thursday March 17, 2022

The times that I wake up are beginning to vary widely.  I was up at 2:15am, did chores and went back to bed at 5:30.

I was ready to go at 9am with Gord to the lake where everyone has their cabins.  We made a stop in Wabamun and had lunch at a small place that had loads of eclectic art and clothing for sale,... very neat.  I just had fries and gravy for lunch, another item ticked off my comfort food cravings.  There was so much that I couldn't even finish.

The day turned beautifully sunny, which is helping to slowly melt the loads of snow hanging around.  But we really need the temperatures to rise above +10C to really have an effect.  The lakes are still solidly frozen and people are still ice-fishing with their vehicles on the ice.

I was really hoping to see some deer but had to settle for Canada geese.  I also took photos of artworks and antiques, and even the making of the Trans-Mountain Pipeline.

Silly me, if I had previously enlarged the photo Cristina sent me of the tank top she wants, I would have seen that it came from The Running Room and saved me a lot of useless shopping.  She wanted one similar to the white one that I bought her years ago withtheword Canada in red across the chest.  Now she wants a red one with white writing.  She wants size XS which is not available in the exact one she wants but I found one in their Vancouver store with white shoulders in XS.  So I ordered it with express shipping.

Listening to my Edmonton OIlers beat Buffalo Sabres...

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Snow to melt yet

Mosquito in Wabamun

Did you?

Ice fishermen on Lake Wabamun

Great mural in Wabamun

Trans-Mountain Pipeline being laid

Jills's cute cabin

Canada Geese honking overhead

Gord's great set-up

Great view to the north

Neighbor's trees

Checking the ice

Loved this

Awesome art

Very old camera

Some kind of oil equipment

Ordered this