Thursday, March 10, 2022

Thursday March 10, 2022 Shopping

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Thursday March 10, 2022

The habits die hard, especially when prodded by the bladder, i.e. getting up at 4am...  Then I did only the rudimentaries on the laptop before snuggling to the electric blanket on the settee in the living room until everyone except Danai was up and gone.

I went through all my mail collected by Jill, all useless financial stuff except for the T5's, etc that I need to take to Calgary for my accountant for income tax time...  I checked with my financial guru and the flow cannot be stopped, .. yet...

Then I called my old buddy, KJ (Ken Johnston) and he was only too happy to agree to come over for a cabbage salad lunch then go shopping at Costco.  The poor guy does not use online maps, and has one eye, and got lost for over an hour before finally following a cab here.  It is my fault, I could have given him easier instructions but wasn't sure that 184 St went all the way from here (it does)....  KJ and I go way back as neighbours, and fishing buddies and many adventures with the Lions Club.

As he was pulling up I got a call from Ash's dad, Gord, asking me if I still wanted to go out to his cabin at Lake Isle with him, and I just wanted to crawl in a hole....  I had completely forgotten the invitation... I felt like 2 cents...  The good thing is that he goes every Thursday so I can make it up to him.  I just called him and have put a note on my calendar for next Thursday.

KJ was a good sport trying the cabbage salad, even though he isn't really into salads, before we used my Waze program to navigate our way to Costco.  Again, I did not have a confident feeling from the guys there to transfer all my stuff to a new phone, so I gave it a pass.  The Galaxy A52 in Panama is looking like a better deal all the time...  So I shopped for things like Montreal Steak Spice, Hy's Seasoning Salt, and more to take home to Colombia.  Then I also bought a bunch of decadent snacks of course.  And I bought an Air Fryer that Jill had been eyeing on our last trip there, as a thank you for all that she has done..

We came back and yakked for a while then KJ took his leave.  Within minutes Danai came home from the gym and I asked here where the nearest Wal-Mart was because I still had a few things to find.  She agreed to drive me there and we had such a fun time shopping together.  She is definitely my descendant!  We found, dill, corn syrup, garlic sausage and even more snacks.  I got sunflower oil for making popcorn, beef jerky, taco kit, and so much more.  And I found a Timex Indiglo watch with expansion bracelet that is exactly what I wanted to replace my existing watch that was running slow all the time now...  So, all in all, it was a great day!

Right now Danai is making cabbage rolls, perogies, etc for a Ukrainian supper.  She is such a neat girl.  I had bought bacon crumbles for salads that will be great on the perogies as well.....  Even though I am not really hungry at the moment.... 

Enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement.

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Too much wasted paper

KJ

KJ

Air fryer and some of the snacks, etc

My new Timex Indiglo