Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Wednesday March 23, 2022 Outing

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Wednesday March 23, 2022

Jeepers!  I actually managed to stay in bed until 7:30am this morning!

My son Todd came by to get me after 10am and he was happy to get my old sculpture, the "Whorse" which I needed to part with.  Then we went across town to go do some shopping at South Edmonton Common, totally foreign to me, and an absolutely huge array of every type of enormous store imaginable!  A two-storey Canadian Tire store for instance contained more bicycles for sale than I have ever seen!  And a Princess Auto had so much neat and reasonably priced hardware items, I was in heaven.  I actually bought a spin-cast collapsible rod and reel to take back as well as 2 pair of polarized sunglasses.

The weather was blustery early but the promised warm day did happen as the skies cleared and the sun shone through.  It reached at least 17C today and the reduction in the snow was measurable.  This is goo because it is supposed to snow again and the temperatures are to drop.  Today people were suntanning....

We went for lunch at Rickys and I am still stuffed after a huge lunch of fish'n'chips!  Todd had a clubhouse that was just loaded with meat!  It was all expensive, but definitely memorable.

The tank top that I had ordered (express) last Thursday from the Running Room finally showed up.  Now I need the promised suitcase to pack up my goodies to take home.  They can be delivered to Calgary by Dawn and we will meet up there April 12 when she goes down for appointments.  Thanks to good family and friends, everything keeps falling into place.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  I had the camera in the car but didn't really take it out while shopping today.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Winter flowers

 

I am stuffed just looking at these meals....