Monday, March 7, 2022

Monday March 7, 2022 Friends

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Monday March 7, 2022

The sleeps here are much better than I expected in spite of not having my usual white noise generators.  It must be exhaustion working well.

My "niece" Dawn came by with her damaged car and got me to drive downtown to the insurance company and her lawyers.

Then we had a nostalgia drive by our old duplex, then went to my old jobsite at Northgate Pontiac (still know about 3 guys from 30 years ago), then popped in on my old neighbour and cycling buddy, Kevon, who is still as crazy as before.

Lunch was another Bucket List stop at A&W for a teen burger and onion rings... Food just seems so loaded with flavour here....

Heading to the west end to find a good Dollarama store (they must be related to the Dollar City's in Colombia) I found a leather store and actually bought some saddle soap!  Good saddle soap brings even old leather back to life so I can renew my good moccasins back home.  At Dollarama, I found a small night light to use in the bedroom (and of course a few snacks..).

Once I got home I managed to contact old friend Bea R. and then my old fishing buddy KJ.  That has laid the groundwork for future visits with them.

At the suggestion of my brilliant daughter, I am not going to worry about trying to pack everything the way I came, and to pay for a suitcase filled with stuff that I would like to take back with me (like saddle soap) etc.. ?   

Things are falling into place and I still have lots of time to get together with friends.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  I was really too occupied with driving today to bother with taking photos.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 

 

Magpie outside the window

with a friend.