Monday, March 28, 2022

Monday March 28, 2022 Saskatchewan

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Monday March 28, 2022

Thank you to Jill, Ash, Dawson and Danai for putting up with me for 3+ weeks.  With their help, I was able to accomplish 95% of what I had hoped to do in Edmonton.

This morning, I was awake at 2am and up at 3:30am to finish packing up and have coffee brewed for Jill & Ash to be up at 4am to get me to the airport.  While everyone still has to wear masks at the airport (good thing..)  the other protocols for Covid have all been relaxed to virtually non-existent.

The flight to Calgary for 1/2 hour in a 737 was a pleasure.  But, again, the connecting flight is way on the other side of the terminal (WHY???) and we rushed our old butt over there only to be held up from boarding because flight attendants didn't show up until1/2 before flight time so we were a tad late leaving.  Because I had had the forethought to repack my carry-on backpack to be slimmer, it did fit easily in the overhead bin of the awful, cramped Bombardier weiner turboprop.  My seatmate was as big as me, a heavy duty mechanic from Edmonton, so it wasn't the most pleasant 1.5 hour flight to Regina.

Even though I know that Saskatchewan is flat, it is still a shock to see such an expanse of prairie as far as the eye can see.

Cousin Maurice was on time to pick me up and we went to his lovely new home to chat for a bit and catch up.  At 12:30pm we were at Boston pizza to meet great cousins Mac & Elaine from Balgonie who were kind enough to make the trip in to see us.  We compared notes and funny stories for over 2.5 hours and I hated to see them go, we had so much fun.  I had forgotten that Mac's Mom was also a Jalbert, making another connection to Maurice....  Our family trees are enough to make anyone laugh.  We may get together with them again on the weekend?  I really can't believe how young all these septuagenarians look!

Ashort afternoon nap was definitely in order.

Later Maurice and I went to enjoy Donairs, even though we mixed up the orders and he got my spicy jalapeno-laden version..  He was a trooper though, and ate it all!  I am not a big fan of maple syrup, but the Canadian Maple Donair was absolutely delicious!  Thank you for ordering that, Maurice....!

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Early morning in Calgary

The flat prairie

Incredibly flat!

Elaine and Mac

Donair menu

My buddy and cousin Maurice

 

 

 

 

 

 

Fin