Saturday, March 5, 2022

Saturday March 5, 2022 >Edmonton

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Saturday March 5, 2022

Yesterday we packed up again and played a little cards with Lou and Yvette before they dropped me at the Hamilton airport to catch a 737 to Calgary, then a turboprop to Edmonton.  The line-ups were small and the WestJet people are so very accommodating.  Naturally the plane was late boarding, I was the first passenger on the plane and we were 1/2 hour late arrving in Calgary.  I was told my connecting gate was just 2 gates over, but that was a big lie.  As always, I had to run across to the other end for my connecting flight, which was also late boarding.  All the WestJet flights mean walking in the cold across the tarmac, so it is a good thing the cold does not bother me much.

The flight to Edmonton in a turboprop is accomplished in 33 minutes whichI found mind-boggling.  My backpack would not fit in the bin above or under the seat, so I jammed it betweenmy legs with the permission of the nice guy next to me and covered the scene with my jacket.  Once we got airborne I was cramping so bad that I put it on my lap, covered with the jacket.  Themale attendant came by but wewere landing in 2 minutes and he accepted my assertion that everything was under control.   Jill came in the terminal where I was waiting a very short time and we were off on snowy roads to their palatial home in the southwest corner of the city.

What a treat to see my family, kids, grandkids, and laugh again.  We even played ping-pong before finally heading for bed.

This morning I was up at 4am to walk the dogs, lol.  I was quiet, made coffee, etc and got caught up on RB and FAA which give me no problems on the laptop... weird...!  Then I went back to bed from 7-9 until everybody got up.

I went shopping a bit at Costco with Jill while Ash had left in the morning to go ski-doing up north.  I bought 3 more reading glasses and snacks, like twizzlers and Cheesies....  Treats to die for after a long absence.

Tonight we are making nachos for supper to watch the Oilers play the Canadiens!!  I am in heaven!

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Not full flight to Calgary

Leaving Hamilton

Lake Huron

Danai beating me at ping pong

Back yard snow before sunrise

Dawson and Danai

Old guy and Dawson

Same two

Ash in waist-deep snow near Swan Hills