Monday, March 21, 2022

Monday March 21, 2022 Visit

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Monday March 21, 2022

Happy spring solstice!  It is a gorgeous 7C at the moment and I actually did a lot of walking today.

Dawn picked me up to support her as she went to sign up with her lawyer for the latest car accident where she was violently rear-ended by a big pickup truck and can live to tell the tale because of extra steel bumper protection in her Hyundai.  We were prepped by a "Case Officer"named Anna that I Googled to find out that she was born in the Ukraine....  They are getting her grandmother out to Poland today, but apparently the wheels to get her to Canada are ungreased....

Next we went to an optometrist in a mall for an opinion on the damage to Dawn's damaged right eye.  The damage needs a referral to an opthamologist and more.  Poor Dawn has been through the ringer twice before and now more appointments, documents and expenses need to pile up again.

Nearby we popped in on my friend Bev and her mother.  Mama was busy working on pysankas (Ukrainian Easter eggs) as well as knitting slippers (so we bought two).  Bev and Keith and Tony and I go way back in friendship and sports, so we again did a lot of reminiscing and catching up on people's lives.

Dawn had to go do a babysitting emergency so Bev was able to drive me back and then did get back home safely.  Bev is one of the few people, especially women, who actually drives a standard transmission in this country...

When Dawn had picked me up and we went for coffee I had seen a Hyundai Tucson vehicle and mused about the origin of the word Tucson and we agreed that it was probably an Indian word...  Then, when I went to hop in with Bev, her vehicle was, .. you guessed it, a Hyundai Tucson.... so I looked it up and it says:  " The name Tucson comes from the O'odham name for the city, Chuk Shon, meaning "Spring at the base of the black mountain".

So, since today is the first day of spring, this was another of those weird coincidences....

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 

Pysankas




"Mama Cat"

"Sophie"

Bev