Thursday, April 5, 2018

Wednesday April 4, 2018 Azogues


Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
REMINDER: If you are interested in getting the Blogs via email, simply send me an email to aljbourassa@gmail.com and I will add you to a special list in my Blog settings that appears to work, yippeee.  I won’t do that without your permission, and THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
******
Wednesday April 4, 2018
Happy 116th Birthday Dad, and RIP Stepdad Lucien on this date.  We are sure that Mom is keeping you both very occupied in heaven.
We agreed to accompany Nancy to go to the Azogues Immigration office to renew her Visa based on a renewed Investment CD.  Actually Oswaldo drove and acted as interpreter and Frank and Rita also came along for the ride.
We had a quick lunch because we arrived early then basically waited 2 hours for her to get looked after, which included a run outside somewhere to get passport-size photos.  We had intended to go do a little sightseeing but a drizzly day cancelled that idea.
On the way back we were discussing options to eat and drink so I offered to go to my place because I had a of of liquor to use up and we could manufacture something to eat.  Oswaldo made "Padrino (Godfather)" drinks to start with Napoleon Brandy and Irish cream and ice.  That got the party going in a hurry.
We discussed many options for supper and the ladies were going to run to Coral and buy a bunch of stuff for Frank and Rita to cook.  This made things really complicated and would entail work, mess and cleanup, so I suggested we all relax and just order pizza from Pizza House.  Surprisingly, that was quickly accepted by everyone so that we could just relax and have fun, tell stories and bad jokes.
It is always great fun to spend time with such good friends, especially since Frank and Rita only have another 10 days or so left in Ecuador.
I know I haven't posted a Blog for a couple of days because I have basically done the hermit bit, just sitting around and plowing through books to pass the time.
I am reflecting on my general health and realize that my condition has really not improved at all in the past year.  I still have the heat sensation wherever my body touches anything, belt, chair, floor, etc.  If I did not religiously exercise every morning, I hat to think of what shape I would be in.  Outwardly I seem fine to everyone else but, in reality, I don't really want to walk any great distances any more.  And my arms cramp up something fierce now especially when put in an awkward position for more than a few seconds.  Maybe Cristina is right... I spend too much time pounding on this keyboard, or holding a book.  I am probably overworking my arms.  Using the TENS machine occasionally does provide some relief.  Anyway, the end result is that this is all very depressing.  I am tired of just babysitting an empty house and am anxious to move onto my new challenges in Colombia.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Nancy, Oswaldo, Frank and Rita - awaiting lunch

Azogues on a drizzly day