Thursday, April 26, 2018

Wednesday April 25, 2018 OBG Dance


Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
REMINDER: If you are interested in getting the Blogs via email, simply send me an email to aljbourassa@gmail.com and I will add you to a special list in my Blog settings that appears to work, yippeee.  I won’t do that without your permission, and THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
******
Wednesday April 25, 2018
Tuesday I made a quick outing to the "I Saw It On TV" store near Kywi and finally bought a new hot air popcorn popper.  It is going to be packed to go to Colombia.  They are hard to find and I was amazed at how many of my friends had never seen one before.
I was close to the end of a 604 page book and the power went out.  It is very odd how we can have 3 houses without power, then 2 with, another 2 without,.. and so on.  It was lasting a long time so I just got on Buzzer and went for a ride, got gas and cruised around, like we used to do in the 60's...  When I came back, the power was still out but the power guys were working on the transformer at the corner, so I went for another jaunt.  The next time I came back the lights were on...
Today I looked at my keyboard and it was so grimy that I took a chance on cleaning it with a bathroom cleaner...  Big mistake!  I knew better but stupid is as stupid does.  The Num Lock would not stay on and the computer would do all sorts of crazy things and shut down.  I had visions of having to buy  new keyboard.  But I turned it upside down and left it alone for several hours.  After a few hiccups it seems almost back to normal, TG.
I was about to get ready to go work the door again for the Oldies But Goodies dance and the heavens opened.  By the time I was about to leave, hedging on whether I needed the extra time to go by bus, I had a close look at the sky, which was definitely clearing, and the wet roads, and decided to go slowly on Buzzer.  That went OK as I took as many quiet roads as I could.
We had quite a shocker for the 6pm Singles Mixer at the dance because we started off with 4 gringo guys and one Latina for a bit until more folks showed up.  Usually the gals heavily outnumber the guys but tonight was pretty balanced and we had a great time.  
Hayley Marsden-Kroll came by to sing a couple of tunes as advertising for a joint venture with George and OBG on May 10 (I will still be in Colombia)..  I will include the ad here in case anyone is interested.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 
Gustavo with Hayley on the left

Great group of folks tonight

We almost had as many locals as gringos...

The big dance floor was needed

Line dancers had fun too

Always nice to have room to dance

Some wives even brought their husbands this time... lol

Always a fun time at OBG

Get your tickets....