Thursday, February 1, 2018

Thursday February 1, 2018 Banking/Tulua



Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Thursday February 1, 2018
REMINDER: If you are interested in getting the Blogs via email, simply send me an email to aljbourassa@gmail.com and I will add you to a special list in my Blog settings that appears to work, yippeee.  I won’t do that without your permission, and THANK YOU all for your patience and support.

Cristina finally opened an account as I asked, with Bancolombia, a subsidiary of Scotiabank, so it should be pretty secure.
So my first order of business was to try to send some additional money there by way of Bank Transfer to get a feel for future dealings.  I wanted to use my Banco Del Austro because that is the account I actually use.  I went shortly after opening and talked to the girl and gave her the information I had, then she wanted Cristina's street address and the Bancolombia street address.  When she wanted the address of the intermediate bank, Citibank in New York, I just threw up  my hands and went to Banco Pichincha.  
First I checked that the account there had enough money to last for this month's regular bills without IESS, and was pleased to see that I was OK on that score.  Then I went upstairs and saw a long lineup that was going nowhere so I went online and easily looked up the Citibank main address in New York and went back to Banco del Austro.
We did the paperwork and I came home and scanned it and sent it to Cristina. 
Next I worked like heck to prepare the house for showing to the family of Viviana who is being tutored by Dawn every day.  I cleaned, and cleared away stuff, and re-arranged, before being told they want to come Saturday, not today.... Uggghhhh.  We doubt that they have the money anyway...
Then I get a call from Carolina at Banco Del Austro that we need to do the papers over again because of several errors, but I couldn't come now, I had to wait while she went to lunch... Grrr.  A quick review of the earlier papers revealed several obvious errors so I contacted Cristina who indicated that she had also given me a wrong street address and Cedula number.  So I re-did all the information and went back by 3pm.  Third time is the charm (I hope) and the transfer should be in Colombia in 2 days.
For anyone who is interested, our new address is - Carrera 20a, No 33-47, Barrio Sajonia, Tulua Valle, Colombia 763022.  
From W#ikipedia:
Tuluá is a city located in the heart of Valle del Cauca, Colombia. A major industrial and commercial center, it is the region's fourth-largest city after Cali—the department capital—Buenaventura and Palmira. Founded around 1741 by Juan de Lemos y Aguirre, it has a population of approximately 250,000. It is also known as the Corazón del Valle (meaning 'The Heart of Valle'), as La Villa de Céspedes ('Town of Céspedes', named after the naturalist Juan María Céspedes) and Tierra Fácil ('Easy Land' in the native language).

It is well known throughout Colombia and many parts of South America as a major center of salsa dancing.

The Tuluá River runs through Tuluá's urban area. The city is located 269 miles from Bogotá, the capital of Colombia, 63 miles northeast of Cali and 108 miles from the important harbor city of Buenaventura, which lies on the coast of the Pacific Ocean.  Although it has a relatively small urban area, Tuluá's metropolitan area is comparatively big. The city lies between the two westernmost cordilleras of Colombia, about 50 miles east of Buenaventura.
Located just three degrees north of the equator, the weather in Tuluá is very tropical, with hot, sunny days punctuated by intense storms. Temperatures average 28 degrees Celsius and above. However, the nights are cool. Thanks to the diverse climate, a lot of different vegetables and fruit can be grown in Tuluá.
The closest airport is Cali's international airport (CLO) or Palmaseca.  Nine airlines provide service for the airport, including American Airlines, AeroRepública and Avianca, Colombia's largest airline.
Chillicote lake is famous for its herons (1/2 block from our house and I thought they were egrets, all white...).
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 
Map of city with pointer at our location

Closer in to show how close we are to the lake (1/2 block)

Satellite map