Thursday, February 15, 2018

Wednesday February 14, 2018 Joes' Secret Garden



Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Wednesday February 14, 2018
Happy Valentine's day to everyone.
I apologize for the lack of Blogs but the camera has been of secondary importance to organizational matters for selling house and contents and meeting friends before hopefully leaving Ecuador.
This morning I joined Oswaldo, Nancy and Dawn on a lovely guided tour of the city which included a stop at the "Casa de Pobladas" (I hope I got that right), probably the oldest original house in Cuenca.  It was apparently a stop-off point for travelers going to Guayaquil and was built in a Spanish style.  It had many photos hanging in the courtyards, identical to those that hang in the Old Cathedral.  One hallway contained paintings and this one painting stood out from everything else just because it did not fit the theme of anything but was very eye-catching anyway.
After a night of no sleep I desperately needed a quick nap before tackling my final official night of photography at Joes'.  
Of course it is mid-week to celebrate Valentine's Day and Ken and KP did a superlative job on the decorations and on the great steak supper. 
We also had the always terrific entertainment by our friend Lynne Nadeau who seems to know every song that was my favourite while growing up.  Singing along and dancing up a storm was the order of the day.  My guest, MaryAnn, was a delight as well as friends Cecilia and Alex, and my replacement for Saturday, Indy, and her partner Tuli.  Also joining our table were Linda and Roy for a lot of interesting conversation.  Our table was the party table because most of us were on the dance floor all night.

Tonight was also the official announcement for the "Best" awards by GringoPost.  For the astounding FIFTH year in a row I have been named Best Photographer by many kind and misguided souls in Cuenca.  What makes the five awards so sweet is that I have never solicited a single vote in those five years, they are all legitimate votes.  While I know that I probably really don't deserve the title, I certainly appreciate it.  THANK YOU everyone!!

REMINDER: If you are interested in getting the Blogs via email, simply send me an email to aljbourassa@gmail.com and I will add you to a special list in my Blog settings that appears to work, yippeee.  I won’t do that without your permission, and THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.