Friday, February 2, 2018

Friday February 2, 2018 Going, going



Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Friday February 2, 2018
REMINDER: If you are interested in getting the Blogs via email, simply send me an email to aljbourassa@gmail.com and I will add you to a special list in my Blog settings that appears to work, yippeee.  I won’t do that without your permission, and THANK YOU all for your patience and support.

What a crazily wonderful day...  I thought I was going to get to relax but we got a visit from one of that IESS bunch from earlier.  She was supposed to come Saturday but showed up real early with her Mama, sister and baby.  They loved the house and we struck on a price and I contacted Gustavo to translate and we went to see his lawyer and the Notary.  So much hinges on the expected resounding "Si" vote in Sunday's referendum which will strike down laws that inhibit real estate sales and construction.  And that will also be the last we will see of that asshole egomaniac ex-President Rafael Correa!
So now I am awaiting word that the buyer(s) have secured the bank financing they require and we have plans to go back to the lawyer on Monday to do the papers.
I had asked to stay in the house until at least the 20th, then remembered that our OBG dance is on the 21st, so I investigated ground transportation to Colombia for the 22nd, around $1,000, just like when Cristina went.
But then I decided to see what flights would be and I thought I was being silly to put in one-way (always expensive), Cuenca to Cali for an old fart.  Nothing came up for the 22nd but this came up for the 23rd....
I stared at this a long time, not believing this.  Then I checked the baggage policy and I get 2 bags free, and $20 each for 2 additional bags...  I couldn't book this fast enough... to be there in less than 5 hours to boot, versus about 26 hours by vehicle...  This is a no-brainer....   I might have to leave a little more behind, but I can live with that..
I ran to get 2 more of the huge expandable luggage cases at San Francisco then relaxed a bit.
We were trying to watch a movie tonight when the phone rings and 6 people are across the road and want to see the house.  As they are leaving, another couple from Azogues is at the door, their father lives in the barrio, and they want to see the house.  Both groups are trying to bargain with me, they all love the house, and I keep telling them I won't negotiate until Monday, if the original deal falls through.  When it rains, it pours....
Cristina is excited too...
That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.