Thursday, February 22, 2018

Thursday February 22, 2018 Busy and Sad



Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Thursday February 22, 2018
Sorry Chris that the Blog has become boring as we are in the death throes of leaving Ecuador.  I promise to get to exciting, and new, Colombia at the earliest opportunity.  Hugs to Bette.
Cecilia and Alex were at our house very early this morning and Alex ran off to get needed supplies for their house renovation.  Cecilia got to chat for a long time with Cristina on WhatsApp, then picked up a couple of more things before leaving.
It took me all morning to get caught up on photos, Blogs, etc., then a quick 40-minute nap before SSnS to head out to view the garage sale of Hearts Of Gold in the west end where we had donated a lot of items.  We bused to Gustavo's to jump in his SUV and went to the Puertas del Sol area.  Nancy came and met us there and we browsed the many items for sale.  It was gratifying to see that many of my items had already been sold.  If you haven't been there yet, they are open tomorrow as well, and you know the proceeds go to a good cause.  It is south of the bridge in Gringolandia at Los Cedros.
Then the famished four went to the Golden Prague for late lunch.  The place is huge, and the food and drinks are OK, to good, but a tad pricey.  
We went back west to drop off Nancy then returned home to relax for an hour before packing up Dawn's suitcases and heading for the airport.  Dawn decided at the last minute to check her bacpack full of Panama hats, so I hope that decision doesn't backfire, with theft, destruction, etc.  I guess American/Latam only allow one free suitcase so the smaller, lighter suitcase occupied that slot.  The larger, overweight suitcase, and the backpack were going to cost an extra $320 until we asked if there wasn't a way to lighten the hit..  The first girl said no, but the second one doing the credit card transaction made a ton of changes and, as long as Dawn picks up her suitcases during her 4 hour layover and runs them into American, she paid $100 here and $120 in Quito, saving $100.  Yes, "if you don't ask, you don't get" is one of my favourite mantras..
Have a safe trip Dawn, and THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for coming to help us in our hour of need.  You are one in a billion.
Driving back from the airport, both Gustavo and I came to the realization that we were both too tired to tackle a Herederos ride tonight.  Heck, I don't think that I could hold my bike straight, I am so exhausted.   To bed by 8:30 methinks...

REMINDER: If you are interested in getting the Blogs via email, simply send me an email to aljbourassa@gmail.com and I will add you to a special list in my Blog settings that appears to work, yippeee.  I won’t do that without your permission, and THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 
The magnificent Miriam helping again at Hearts Of Gold

Yummy treats lead to a long and lean garage sale

The President and valuable volunteers are there too

Even student volunteers are helping out

Another long-term volunteer lends a hand

Yummy desserts from Double D's

Oops, Gustavo was using my camera

Not a bad photo from the new Canon

Come one, come all tomorrow too

Puffing and imbibing at the Golden Prague

It's a sizeable place with lots of waiters

Cheese and veggies on rye bread for the ladies