Saturday, February 24, 2018

Saturday February 24, 2018 Herederos



Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Saturday February 24, 2018
It sure seems strange to not be preparing to got to Joes' on a Saturday...  The boys are actually taking this Saturday off and are enjoying a sojourn in Peru.  Good for you Ken and KP, you deserve a break.  Also got the super sad news that one of the patrons, and fellow Canadian, Aline Pelletier, passed away from brain cancer.  I saw her 2 weeks ago when they wheeled her into Joes' in a wheelchair, basically paralyzed on one side.  Her son Colin said they were estimating she had 4 to 6 months... ouch.  RIP Aline.
This morning I hurried with my chores so that I could join a Paseo with the Herederos Del Paseo De Cuenca.  We met at the Puente Roto (Broken Bridge) and headed past my house to Llacao, up to Pachamama (Table Mountain), then on to Solano and Cristo Rey.
The final stop at Cristo Rey was pretty neat because there are a couple of small lakes just past there and people were fishing with bamboo poles, string and lures..  One fellow was jigging in a small pool in the marsh that must be connected underground to the lake because we could easily see minnows and what looked like Perch.
 More adventures tomorrow....

REMINDER: If you are interested in getting the Blogs via email, simply send me an email to aljbourassa@gmail.com and I will add you to a special list in my Blog settings that appears to work, yippeee.  I won’t do that without your permission, and THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 
Gathering at the Puente Roto

Shot with my phone from Pachamama

Panorama shot with my Lumix from Pachamama

The rest are with the new Canon

Bees in the scopalamine plant

Very picturesque but dangerous

Some guy was using our bikes as props for his girlfriend

Love the lookout at Pachamama

The view over Llacao

4-shot stitched panorama of the magnificent view from up there to the west

Great spot to go

A view to Cuenca

Our group this day

Using the self-timer.

We were up there on the left, now just leaving

Cute lake, lagoon, near Cristo Rey

This person had a very long pole for fishing

Father and daughter from Guayaquil fishing in pond

There is fish in them thar hills....

Love the reflections including the church

Minnows

Such a cutie, still in pajamas

Getting ready to head back to Cuenca

Stopping at Cristo Rey itself

Another cute church

Good group, good ride....

Waiting for Certificate #5