Thursday, February 22, 2018

Wednesday February 21, 2018 Oldies But Goodies



Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Wednesday February 21, 2018
OK, firstly, MEA CULPA, so sorry for not being very sharp from lack of sleep, stress, consumption of a few drinks, and being distracted by the tasks at hand, and dancing....
Tonight was, possibly, my last Oldies But Goodies dance (we can hope that I have sold the house and am gone to Colombia within a month).  I had still handled the advertising and Dawn and I (mostly Dawn) handled the door.  I had only brought the Lumix, and taken maybe 2 photos when Ren'e came to me with her Canon dead as a doornail, so I handed her the Lumix.  I told her that it was set on "hand-held night shot" and forgot about it the rest of the night.  When we douse the lights for ambiance, taking photos becomes a challenge and using a flash is almost a necessity.  So I take full responsibility for the poor shots taken in the dark, without a flash, of people generally in motion...  My silly fault entirely...  Sorry Ren'e.
Later I asked her how many photos she had taken and she said around 20, when it was actually 53... and I kept 47, good, bad or indifferent...
This dance was a little different in that we held a Singles Mixer for the first hour and we had about 15 singles on hand for that with the gals/guys ratio about 3:1.  Still we were thankful that a few guys did show up and everyone seemed to get along really well.
As usual, we had a lot of no-shows who had registered who were more than offset by the many unregistered fun people that filled the card, so we had about 36 paying customers.  We had many new faces, the guys mixed well, and the ladies had no problem getting up to dance on their own, in couples, or in groups.. and that's the way we want it.  Thank you to all the fun folks who came out tonight.
The evening was interrupted by our friend Miriam from Hearts Of Gold who insisted on presenting me with a Certificate of Appreciation.  Miriam truly has a heart of gold and has held the fort in planning events for the Foundation since I basically bowed out.  She is a truly classy lady.  She also brought me an amazing necklace to provide to my lovely wife when I finally make the trek north.  Hugs to Miriam.
UPDATE:  Added 3 decent photos kindly supplied by Gustavo.

REMINDER: If you are interested in getting the Blogs via email, simply send me an email to aljbourassa@gmail.com and I will add you to a special list in my Blog settings that appears to work, yippeee.  I won’t do that without your permission, and THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.