Friday, February 16, 2018

Friday February 16, 2018 Friends



Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Friday February 16, 2018
Today we had two outside meals scheduled with friends.  But first was cleanup time this morning with dishes, recycle, cleaning the floors, stove and counters needing urgent attention..  I left the floors for Dawn.
I was just mildly hung over after only 3 tall drinks over 7 hours after another sleepless night.
Our first lunch meeting was at noon at a place chosen by Roy Grob and Linda Smith.  On the 3 de Noviembre river side of the Crespo Museum there is a new restaurant called the Cafe Del Museo.  The chef turns out to be pablo from Crossroads (now closed down).  We each had a different meal and all were superb, so this place is now highly recommended.  One of our friends from Calgary was seated at a nearby table and the place was packed with expats.
The manager, Giovanny, gave the gals chocolate samplers from his wife's kiosk at Mall Del Rio, Between McDonald's and La Victoria.  He said they were 25c each so we decided to catch a cab there so the gals could buy some more.  However the price for 20 chocolates came to $11 so I guess the communication between husband and wife is lacking somewhat...
As we were cabbing home I got an email from our later 5:30 appointment saying they were sick with gastro whatever and couldn't stray from a bano too far.  This lady was Debra, originally from Spirit River, Alberta and from the other branch of Bourassa's.  Gosh I had met them about 5 years ago when they visited and our paths crossed in the Yunguilla valley, and we have stayed in touch.  Unfortunately they are otherwise booked to leave tomorrow to Quito, then the Galapagos, so the next trime we meet might be in either Alberta or BC, because they now live in Invermere....  More cases of a world being too small and the best laid plans....

REMINDER: If you are interested in getting the Blogs via email, simply send me an email to aljbourassa@gmail.com and I will add you to a special list in my Blog settings that appears to work, yippeee.  I won’t do that without your permission, and THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 
The view from the Cafe Del Museo

Dawn, Linda and Roy

The interior patio of the restaurant, Carol Babin from Calgary on the right