Sunday, February 25, 2018

Sunday February 25, 2018 Cajas Trip



Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Sunday February 25, 2018
 I got a surprise invitation to a gathering of (Ecuadorian) photographers from Guayaquil Quito, Ambato and Cuenca to go to the Cajas range of the Andes early this morning.  We went past Tres Cruces at 4,167 meters (you do the math) and the idea was to hike up to the highest point in the area.   Thank you Marcos Armijos for bringing me along.
I thought that I would be the only gringo, but I did talk to one other, and also to Kelly from Hearts Of Gold who was there with her Ecuadorian photographer husband, Eduardo.
I even made use of my Polarizer filter which hasn't been out for a couple of years.  I think it made a nice difference since the sky was mostly a hazy blue.
We walked down the highway a ways, and then started to climb, and climb, and eventually everybody stopping for breath every few steps.  At one point I decided that I probably wasn't going to get much better shots from above, so I quit climbing and concentrated on getting decent angle shots and began a slow trek down, getting off the track somewhere...  I could see the highway below so I just made my way down, and down, trying not to fall.  By the time I got to the highway, I was exhausted, and then it was about a mile of uphill to our starting point.  My feet and legs were burning so I thumbed a ride....  Then I had the best trout lunch ever in Ecuador followed by a lovely cold beer.
Life is good, but I would rather be with my wife in Colombia right now...

REMINDER: If you are interested in getting the Blogs via email, simply send me an email to aljbourassa@gmail.com and I will add you to a special list in my Blog settings that appears to work, yippeee.  I won’t do that without your permission, and THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
OK