Friday, February 9, 2018

Thursday February 8, 2018 Details Details



Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Thursday February 8, 2018
 Monday I showed George and Rene the basics of running the Oldies But Goodies emails and Facebook.  They will get the hang of it as they get to play with it themselves, but I have adveryised for the upcoming dance.
I also had a chat with my Financial advisor in Canada to make sure we are on the same page.  I also confirmed there will be no problems with transferring money to Colombia or Canada once the house sells.
I also determined my bottom end selling price for the house, only furnished, at $129,000 with a realtor, and $125,000 without.  The only other factor that might be negotiable is if the money can go direct to Canada without touching Ecuador.
Tuesday we began the OBG advertising and did a GringoPost add for the house which costs $7.  Even though it stays on their realty page for 15 days I may advertise more often..
I also decided that evening to sell a few items that I have barely used and are just taking up space, like a convection oven, loudspeaker, DVD and bluetooth headphones.
Wednesday I ran to SRI to change the recorded bank account to Banco Pichincha.  Soon I will close the Banco Del Austro account solely because their card is not accepted in Colombia, but Banco Pichincha's is.
I cancelled the travel insurance I had bought for my Feb 23 Colombia trip because it is up in the air.
I confirmed with Orbitz that I can cancel (penalty $50) or change my flight (penalty $40) up to 24 hours before departure.
I also was lax in checking my CIBC account and missed a credit card payment for their annual fee (wasn't expecting that) by one day.  I haven't missed a payment in 40 years...
Then our darn Panda TV has a screen picture problem and the remote is useless, so I may have to buy a TV just to give it to someone else... Damn!
Today we were visited by Cecilia and Alex and we gave them a lot of our warm clothes that I will not need in Colombia.
Then I ran to the TAME Airlines office at the airport to firstly confirm the cancellation is OK within 24 hours.  It is.  Secondly I wanted to confirm that I was OK for 2 free pieces of luggage up to 23 kgs and could pay $20 each for 2 more = 4 bags...  Nope, only 1 free bag and 2 additional, which might get another $20 if overweight up to 32 kgs.  It is a darn good thing I checked or I would have been there with 4 bags and then fretted on what I had to dump at the airport... Ugh.
I sold the convection oven and get so many messages, texts, and phone calls from Ecuadorians who want everything for nothing.  Tired of this, I changed my ads to say the prices were firm, and not to bother me with silly offers.
I just sold the Loudspeaker system/Karaoke, etc to Pierino and Isabel from the Herederos.  They will get good use out of it.
Tonight we promised to go see our friend Oswaldo's new apartment and to be chaperones for our friend Nancy.  Riding over during rush hour is definitely not fun, then it began to rain so we had to turn back and catch a cab.  His apartment is absolutely lovely and on the way to San Joaquin.  I helped him put together the finishing touches for the meal while the girls talked and had their smokes on the balcony.  The meal was superb, the conversation lively, and a good time was had by all.  We even talked to Cristina on video on WhatsAppp for a bit.   Soooo tired now, headed for bed.

REMINDER: If you are interested in getting the Blogs via email, simply send me an email to aljbourassa@gmail.com and I will add you to a special list in my Blog settings that appears to work, yippeee.  I won’t do that without your permission, and THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Dawn is in rapt conversation with Nancy

Nancy is a world traveler with many stories

Oswaldo was a great host tonight

Everybody had a great time tonight