Friday, February 16, 2018

Thursday February 15, 2018 Dinner Party



Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Thursday February 15, 2018
A very, very busy day today starting with a visit to The IESS Hospital to request a "Historia Clinica" for Cristina to help speed up the process for the cancer operation in Colombia which is something that we don't want to delay any further...  I waited at the appointments windows as told and then was sent off to the right to one office.  The lady there seemed to be telling me that because I had cancelled my IESS Dec 31 (even though coverage extends for 2 months, and I cancelled in January) she could not give me documents..  So I went and cried to the receptionist at Oncology and she was sympathetic, taking me to the documents window, next to the appointments windows, where I explained my situation again and was told to wait 10 minutes.  The guy there seemed to be telling me that I needed Cristina's permission, notarized, to comply with my request..  So I asked if signed, notarized and scanned documents were acceptable because Cristina is in Colombia, never to return.  He said that he would talk to a supervisor while I waited some more.  Finally he printed off a series of 9 pages and put them in an envelope for me.  I left without even looking at them.
I hurriedly scanned the pages and sent them to Cristina via email, and Facebook.  It was only then that I realized that the kind guy at IESS seemed to have actually printed me the "Historia Clinica".  Hopefully Cristina will now be able to hurry up a surgery date in Tulua.
Then I went to Monay Shopping Mall and got new ink cartridges for my printer before moving over to Western Union and sending some 2,673,125 pesos to Cristina.  That is $1,000 USD but it sure sounds like a lot doesn't it..??
Then Dawn and I continued to Coral to buy more supplies for our "dinner party" tonight.  More on that later.
Then I rushed home, installed the new cartridges, printed off my January reimbursement submission for the sales tax and rode down to the SRI office on Remigio Crespo.  No problems at all when I do it myself... 
Then I came home again to find that Dawn had cleaned, re-arranged, pre-cooked food, and was all ready to play hostess in the evening for 4 friends.  Really, she did 95% of the work to prepare for the evening.
I had not slept at all the night before so an afternoon nap was seriously in order for me.
Our friend Oswaldo picked up Nancy and then Frank & Rita to bring them to my house.  Frank and Rita are the kind folks who muled in some goods for me from Canada, whom I repaid on Saturday with a Southern Fried Chicken dinner at Joes'.  I had almost nothing at all to do with the organization of the party and Frank and Rita had promised to bring everything necessary to make a meal including his signature beef dish, and deepfried shrimp at my request.
They came into the house with huge bags of stuff and commandeered the kitchen.  It is handy that I have a 6-burner stove..!!  The rest of us contributed side dishes and booze.  
The vodka and wine was flowing and then the food started to come, plate after plate of appetizers,... shrimp, chicken wings, meatballs, tomato-tuna, deepfried shrimp, deepfried wontons, wonton soup, and more...  So much food for 6 people and we nibbled and nibbled until our tummies hurt,... and the main course was still waiting..  Even dancing did not really help to bring back any appetite so it was almost 10pm before we got to have baked potatoes with all the trimmings, bread, and the signature beef dish of Frank's, and sweet dessert. 
Truly, what an incredible evening of fun, food and libations with awesome people who are also good and kind friends from Canada, Trinidad, Guayana, and Ecuador.  I am sure that our heads and tummies will suffer a little, but it was worth it.
 
REMINDER: If you are interested in getting the Blogs via email, simply send me an email to aljbourassa@gmail.com and I will add you to a special list in my Blog settings that appears to work, yippeee.  I won’t do that without your permission, and THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.