Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Wednesday August 2, 2017 Fabric+Loss


Get these Blogs via email !! ... SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right >>>>>>>
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Wednesday August 2, 2017
Happy 15th Birthday to my youngest grandson, Tyson!
This morning I visit my friend MaryAnn to pick up some brownie material and we got talking about my unchanging condition.  She is very much into holistic healing and natural substances so I tried some, took her advice, and came home with some ginger liquid and turmeric paste, which is to be mixed with a hot water and lemon.  At this point I will try anything.
Then Cristina and I went after lunch to check out fabric stores in El Centro to find waterproof fabric to make covers for the couches, but nobody really had anything suitable.
When we went back to board the bus I was frantic because I could not locate my senior bus pass!  Being a creature of habit, it could only have been in either of my front pockets but we searched everything five times before resigning myself to the fact that, other than losing to two pickpockets in the last 5 years, this is the first thing that I have lost in recent memory...   I am so pissed at myself for being fallible, I may never recover from this.
So we ended up back at the big fabric store across from Gran Aki which I had checked out yesterday. I was certain that yesterday I had asked the lady twice because I was shocked that the cloth could possibly be $1.50 per meter. My hearing in Spanish obviously is faulty because it was $5.50 per meter today....   She must have been quoting the width, which is 1.5 meters...  Anyway, the color selection was not the greatest but we bought some durable green, waterproof fabric that Cristina will try to make fit on our recliner sofa and loveseat. I am sure that this job will test her patience greatly.
I hope you enjoy the photos. That was the day’s excitement.
Cheers, Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
OK
 
Resting near the Plaza Civica where the Tranvia work continues

and continues, and continues, and continues....