Monday, July 31, 2017

Monday July 31, 2017 El Centro


Get these Blogs via email !! ... SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right >>>>>>>
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Monday July 31, 2017
Happy Anniversary to the Black Friday tornado in Edmonton 30 years ago.   Most of us who went through it, and helped out in the aftermath, will not soon forget those horrific scenes.
Sunday was another day to recharge the batteries, which seem to need a lot of extra charging lately. My back also started bothering me today for the first time in a long time.
I saw a glimmer of a sunrise coming while walking the dogs on Monday and I slipped quickly into the house to get the better Lumix and walked to the end of our street. There was really heavy cloud cover and just a sliver of an opening at the horizon so this sunrise only lasted a few seconds. If you blinked, you missed it.
Today my back was killing me again so the TENS machine got a real workout and really made a difference.
Cristina decided that we should try to walk downtown because it looked like we might actually get some sun this afternoon, and she was right.  I bought another 10 movies and we had a bite to eat after wandering across El Centro.  We finished off in the San Francisco area and we viewed the cleared out space where they will reconstruct the sales plaza.  We went by the new stalls jammed into Padre Aguirre and feel sorry for the mechants facing west with hardly room for foot traffic.
I am also happy that Buzzer started without a problem after sitting idle for 2 days.  It would appear that the electrical issues have been solved.
I hope you enjoy the photos. That was the day’s excitement.
Cheers, Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 
Not much space at the horizon to let the sun light up the clouds

Still pretty though

As good as it got..

Iconic Cuenca

Enjoying a sunshine stop

Not many cities have prettier central squares

Immaculate Conception

French era building

Rear of the cathedral

The world famous flower market

San Francisco Plaza is being bulldozed for renewal

The east side of the crammed SF market now