Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Wednesday August 16, 2017 OBG Dance


Get these Blogs via email !! ... SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right >>>>>>>
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Wednesday August 16, 2017
Today was not a good day but it was too late to back out of the Oldies But Goodies dance commitment so I tried to rest up before going.
In the morning I ran over to the GringoTree office to pick up my new Cuenca Pass discount card.  Since we don't get out much I don't expect to use this card much except that it gives us 5% off every purchase at Coral (The Coral card doesn't even do that..) so it will pay for the card in short order.
I wanted to go back to Ruta 72 for another awesome burger but they close from 3-6pm and that would make me too late for the dance....  Sooooo, I decided to give Bohdi's Burgers a try as they are also not too far away.  Their fries were plentiful and the double burger was filling, but they aren't a patch on McDonald's fries or Ruta 72's burgers.
I got to Villa San Carlos shortly after 6pm and was shocked that George wasn't there.  About 6:15 I called to make sure he was OK.  He was eating close by and showed up shortly therafter.  We quickly helped set up his new speakers and the crowd was itching to dance.
We had 60 people registered and 53 showed up, so not bad at all,.. and this is the slowest time of the year because a lot of expats are in North America for the summer.
Anyway, we had some large groups and the floor was busy.  As I said, I was feeling poorly so I didn't drink, or dance, and I departed at 8:30.
George told me that he has an idea for another series of events that he would like to try, so stay tuned.
The photos are all taken with the Lumix ZS60.  George's wife, Rene, takes shots with a pocket Sony that are sharp as a tack so I need to find out what model it is...
I hope you enjoy the photos. That was the day’s excitement.
Cheers, Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 
Bohdi's Burgers is on the hill at the west end of Mariscal Sucre

I was the only customer so I got great service

Lovely Cajas to the west

This is the terrace seating

This is the inside seating

Another look to sunset on the Cajas

$4.99 Double Cheeseburger combo

OBG Dance had people on the floor immediately

OBG is getting a loyal following

 
George is doing a great job with the music

The entrance to Villa San Carlos

The crowd doing YMCA

Not bad for no flash across a large room...

Still doing YMCA

OK, last YMCA shot

Good crowd, good venue, good fun

We've got a good thing going...