Monday, August 21, 2017

Monday August 21, 2017 Miscellaneous


Get these Blogs via email !! ... SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right >>>>>>>
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Monday August 21, 2017
The dogs wake me at 4am and I usually get out to walk them around 5am.  These last few days it is a real chore as they reef on my arms pretty good.  When it is now getting to the point that I can hardly feel my arms, this is not fun at all.  I have to keep reminding them to calm down and not pull so hard.
I came across a news article where the illustrious previous President Correa, whom I would dearly love to see in jail, has actually mortgaged the Galapagos Islands as security for all his loans at exhorbitant interest rates to the Communist Chinese, all just to thumb his nose at the Americans.  If I never really truly hated this a**hole before, I sure do now...
I took a bus to Gustavo's house because the two of us would drive from there to Banos to soak in the hot springs. The sign said the water was 42͒ but it didn't seem that hot.  For a while we sat where the hot water enters the pool and Gustavo said my back got pretty red, but I couldn't feel it.
We got out of the pool to go to the steam room and I had to hold on to the wall and breathe deeply for a bit because I got so dizzy that I nearly passed out.  But it passed quickly and the steam room felt so good for a while.  Then we went back into the main pool until we decided that we had had enough.
As we left, Gustavo's daughter called and we were to meet them for lunch in El Centro at a Peruvian restaurant.  So we found a place to park and joined the group.  His daughter and her husband are now studying in Portugal for their PhD's and are visiting here until Sept 7.  His ex and her friend run a small coffee shop not far away.  Most of them speak some English so we had a delightful lunch before we had to rush away.  We drove the daughter and the husband to catch the van service to Machala.
Then we came back to El Centro and I walked over to the clinic near San Blas to meet Cristina for another doctor's appointment.  She was hoping that this would be a direct shot at getting a needed operation but it only spawned two more required tests again..  We sure would like to get this all done before the shit hits the fan with the IESS medical plan, but Cristina doesn't want it before her little bir is ready to fly.
We finally get home and the dogs hadn't been walked since 5am so out I went again.  They are truly getting to be a handful.  When we came back we saw one of the previous birds rescued by Cristina feeding at my window.  And one of my friends on Facebook said that they hadn't seen a photo of Cristina in a while so she posed with yet another street dog that she wants to clean up and clip....
I hope you enjoy the photos. That was the day’s excitement.
Cheers, Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Headline:  Correa:  The Galapagos shall be the guarantee to pay the debt to China

Friend of ex, ex, Gustavo, son-in-law, daughter

Previously rescued bird still comes back for food

This makes Cristina very happy

Cristina with her newest animal project