Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Tuesday August 22, 2017 Buddy


Get these Blogs via email !! ... SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right >>>>>>>
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Tuesday August 22, 2017
Good grief, we were zonked in bed by 8pm last night.  I had enough of this goofy feeling so I took a Gabapent last night, and then later this morning.  I really hate taking drugs but I have to admit I slept good and felt a little better today.
We had to be up early to go the Mujer y El Nino Clinica (mother and child clinic) at San Blas for tests for Cristina.  She was in such a long lineup that I thought she would be an hour for sure so I wandered around the Artisan Plaza and took a few photos.  Many of the photos were taken through glass so you may see some reflections in some of them.  I was just getting bored when she came out within a 1/2 hour.
We went home for a bit and went to Coral for groceries at 11am.  I checked first to see if I had to register my new Cuenca Pass card at the office or not, and no, I didn't have to.  I asked if the card gives an additional 5%, over Coral's 3% and the answer was no...  That certainly reduces the value of the card in my eyes although it will still pay for itself.  We hadn't shopped in 2 weeks so the bill mounted quickly.  The bill came to $129.79 after a discount of $7.68 (actually 5.6%!!) and then I will get back $6 in IVA as well, so we can't complain, can we??
Cristina sent me 3 videos of her baby bird which I stitched together and put on YouTube for you:  https://youtu.be/48M8_NNQXvw
I wanted to go on another ride in the sunshine today but couldn't get any takers to tag along.  Anyway, Cristina decided we were going to clip and clean a new stray dog she found so I stuck around to help, and named him Buddy.   
So we locked ourselves in the lavaderia (laundry room) and I held Buddy while Cristina cut away the awful clumps of hair from the poor guy.  I actually just had to pet him and he was very docile and cooperative.  I almost got my face licked off several times.  We easily filled a large grocery bag with this superfluous pelo (hair).  Then we came upstairs and gave him a shower and shampoo.  He had crud on his dry nose and thankfully that cleared up as well to help him breathe better.  He was skittish for just a few seconds then he settled down and enjoyed it.  Then he got dried and will be ready for a closer shave at a later date.
Buddy really is a handsome, loving, docile little guy, but unfortunately he is not very housebroken and has no grooming skills,.. and yet I know he would make someone a great pet.  He just wants to be loved.
So, again, if you know anyone who needs a good pet, let them know that we have Jack and Buddy available.  Jack would be great with someone who likes power-walking and Buddy would be great with a yard to play in.
All the photos today were taken with the new Lumix.
I hope you enjoy the photos. That was the day’s excitement.
Cheers, Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 
Again, Cristina finds Buddy

Still renewing San Blas church

Part of the Artisan Center at San Blas

Flowers outside the clinic

Pretty flowers..  Name?

Lots of work to go on the church

Bad reflection.  Cool Panama hat.

 
Metal hummer

Metal roosters

Clay art

No words...

Need a guitar anybody?

Or maybe a Panama hat is more your style

A "before" shot of our new Buddy

His hair was just clumped everywhere, just a mess

He is quite happy in our garage, safe, with food

He seemed happy to get rid of all that messed up hair

 
He's so happy he could just pee...

Begging for a belly rub

OK, what's next??

A bath... What's that???

Just out of the shower, finally clean...

Thank you Mom, I feel good...

OK, Dad helped too...

What will the others think of me

Jack has to get a better look

Princesa thinks it is a different dog

Ready for a quick blow-dry

All dry and giving kisses to Mom

Yes, he is a happy boy

Cristina is in her element

Oh, put me down already...

Mariposa doesn't seem to mind him so far

Turi just goes along with anything