Sunday, August 20, 2017

Sunday August 20, 2017 Cuenca


Get these Blogs via email !! ... SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right >>>>>>>
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Sunday August 20, 2017
I know that I need to apologize for not blogging more often and my road is certainly paved with good intentions, but the body is just not cooperating.
Friday I did not feel well at all and really had no reason to do much either so I just took it easy.
Saturday I had every intention of going to Joes' right until late afternoon even though I was feeling no better but the threatening skies flipped the coin for me.  I called Ken to cancel and he was most gracious as always and it began to rain as we spoke.  Then the storm turned to a deluge with hail as I was showering.  Many folks posted photos on Facebook of the ground completely white from yesterday.  I could hear the hail pelting even over the sound of the shower.  It is a good thing that I did not go anywhere because I was so out of it that we were in bed by 9pm (don't tell anybody).
This morning the day was just as foggy in the morning with no major signs of clearing so I figured that we were maybe going to get a copycat day.  But the sun finally managed to poke through much later very sporadically.
I got an email from a place where we ordered a few things on eBay and they sent us some special offers of 50% off for 3 days only.  86 pages of about 20 articles each and we went through them all 3 times and did order a few items for Cristina.  I gotta love this lady because she refused to buy a really elegant dress I had chosen because it was too much money ($66, I thought it was a bargain of a beauty) because she had already chosen another white dress and was satisfied with one white dress.
Even though I was really feeling not much better today I was determined to get out on Buzzer and take a couple of photos just to escape the cabin fever.  I tried to reach a couple of the guys without success so first I went to the 27 de Febrero Mercado on 10 de Agosto to pick up some hard corn for Cristina to grind to feed her birds.  Then I went out again just along the Autopista a ways, took a few shots of the city, then re-acquainted myself with the turnoff to find the CeTap Lucy school for future reference.  It felt good just to be out for a bit.
And Cristina's little big bird is thriving under her care but still is lacking the feathers needed for it to fly.  I think she will happily get to mother it for long time yet.
I hope you enjoy the photos. That was the day’s excitement.
Cheers, Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 
Cristina feeds the pigeons twice a day

Sunday morning coming down (apologies to Kris Kristofferson)

Misty mountains backdrop

A little further down the road

and zoomed in just a little on El Centro

The turnoff to CeTap Lucy school in Chilcapamba

I re-did my "tag" card.  Do you like it?