Friday, August 4, 2017

Thursday August 3, 2017 Herederos


Get these Blogs via email !! ... SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right >>>>>>>
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Thursday August 3, 2017
This was a good day.  I exercised more and felt a lot better, almost all day.
I rode Buzzer over to the SIR office which handles the Tercera Edad (Third Age - Old Farts) bus passes and it was actually in the same location as before,... and there was no line-up,... and it cost a whopping $1.70.  WooHoo!
On the way back I stopped to check out a change on my Bank Account Automatic withdrawals.  It appeared that EMP ELECTRICA had been replaced by MEER TRF, which I confirmed both at Empresa Electrica and the Bank.
Then I got home for lunch to find that my lovely wife had made another tourtiere, and it was absolutely delicious!  I truly am a lucky man.
I joined Gustavo and the Herederos for a ride to Tarqui tonight.  We ran past Turi but they wouldn't stop so I could get a lovely shot of the city at night...  It seemed like a perfect night to get such a shot so I was a little miffed that they decided not to stop.
 We stopped at a little church/schoolyard overlooking big valleys on both sides before continuing to the church/schoolyard in Tarqui.
Buzzer actually was running really good tonight and not over-revving at 3,000 rpm when stopped like it has been for a while.
Then we stopped at a restaurant on Remigio Crespo a couple of blocks east of the SRI office (name??) where the owners were related to one of our riders.  The service was slow but the food was delicious.  They made a special for us of a sandwich, fries and drink for $5.  I ordered the beef sandwich and was very delightfully surprised that it came with a mushroom sauce. 
I hope you enjoy the photos. That was the day’s excitement.
Cheers, Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
OK
What can I say.... I love this angle on the Puente Roto (Broken Bridge)

Gathering of bikes and riders

Some of the group early on.

Delightful church on a mountaintop

Bad shot of one of the steeple crosses

 
There was a mass going on in the church

We ended up with 7 bikes, 9 riders tonight

The church in Tarqui is unlit

Getting the proprietress to take a cel phone shot for Gustavo

My beef sandwich with mushroom sauce