Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Wednesday August 30, 2017 IESS/Feria Libre


Get these Blogs via email !! ... SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right >>>>>>>
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Wednesday August 30, 2017
I went to get Cristina's latest chest x-rays and they look good to our untrained eye. More ammunition for her to get the operation she wants. I went on Buzzer, there and back in 1/2 hour which is much more fun than taking 4 buses.
At 11:30 we left to go to Feria Libre to buy entire fish for $1.50 each. She loves to cook these in their entirety but I object to my dinner looking at me.   Feria Libre sells almost anything you can carry, especially clothing and food.
We wandered and wandered for 2 hours and my legs feel like rubber, especially when I had to handle the 5 dogs for their pee/poop break as soon as we got home. The good news we found today is that the #15 once again brings us door-to-door with Feria Libre so I am sure that Cristina will once again be visiting more often.
We had some chancho (freshly cooked pork) for lunch which was delicious but Cristina swore off street food after watching the lady going to handling the meat and potatoes with her bare hands, handle dirty money, and then back to the food... Yuck.
Then the wheels fell off the afternoon... I don't know about you, but my God has a wicked sense of humour where I am concerned but he sure saved up a bunch of crap to really push my buttons today...
Frist the computer wouldn't recognize my photo card, the mouse would only work sporadically, then nothing wanted to work... Several restarts and many cuss words later I got it working only to get a message from Jodie at Visa Angels that the Ecuadorian lawyer bald-faced lied to us in that meeting about being grandfathered in on our IESS insurance rates... So I had to get all the documents ready to storm down to the IESS office tomorrow along with friends Mike and Lotis. I just hope that I can keep from yelling at this gal tomorrow like obviously everyone else has... Anything to do with Government in Ecuador is the greatest exercise in patience at the utter idiocy in the way they do all these half-baked things which are discriminatory to say the least.
Then I went to pick up my repaired moccasins. I bought those in Canada from our Ecuadorian shoemaker there and they refuse to wear out, except they are no match for a puppy's sharp teeth. The shoemaker here is very expert and does a very good job but the darn things weren't ready. He doesn't have the leather thongs to finish the job. Grrrr I hate my time being wasted...
Now I am trying to use my PhotoShop presets for saving processing time and they are not carrying forward like usual,.. I have to go request them for every photo again...
I am not making any of this up. This is my day....
Now I just received an email from that Ecuadorian lawyer with the questions and answers she promised and there is a complete new tune being sung. Nowhere does she say that those of us who had our Visa (cedula) and IESS prior to February have nothing to worry about... My faith in lawyers, and pretend lawyers, is totally shaken.  If they want to discriminate against us who have pensioner visas then that just may be the last straw.
I hope you enjoy the photos. That was the day’s excitement.
Cheers, Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
OK
 
Hot chicks for sale,  $0.25

Wednesdays and Saturdays are the busy days with the freshest stuff

Peter Cottontail is for sale

So is the delicacy called Cuy here

Even kittens

More rabbits

and puppies

Chancho comes from these offerings

 
Cristina getting her fresh fish

Lots of shrimp and  ? tuna?

A tiny bit of the vegetables for sale here

Some do better merchandising than others

Ominous clouds but no rain

Acres of clothing

Row upon row upon row...