Friday, August 18, 2017

Thursday August 17, 2017 Herederos


Get these Blogs via email !! ... SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right >>>>>>>
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Thursday August 17, 2017
I tried some tennis elbow braces on both arms for a while and that seemed to help some of the situation.  I am feeling much better than last wee, functional, but still only about 60%.  This next week can't go fast enough for me to get to next Thursday's doctor's appointment.
I worked a lot on photos and had a nap while Cristina went shopping for boots with her friend Luz.  There is nothing more boring for men than shoe shopping with a woman so I am thankful that she had a companion today.
I went to meet with the Herederos motoneta group just for the exercise.  I actually feel pretty good on Buzzer although the arms strain quickly.  We had 8 riders tonight.
First I attempted a few timed shots along the Tomebamba which is really low at the moment (no appreciable rain for weeks).  Most are taken at about 2.5 seconds, balanced steadily on a rock, and using the self-timer to avoid the initial shake from depressing the shutter.  I am too lazy to drag along the wired remote.
We didn't do a long tour and I was proud that the group wanted to try the burgers at Ruta 72 at my suggestion and I was salivating at the prospect of chomping into that big beautiful burger.  I took the lead of the group on Remigio Crespo, almost passed the turn and pulled up in front only to find the darn place closed at 9pm on a Thursday night.  I was so upset and embarrassed.
Then the group went across Remigio to another popular burger place which was packed (and expensive) but decided to go to the cheap Cuban (run by a Venezuelan) burger cart on Don Bosco.  Where else can you get a good greasy burger, small fries and a drink for $1.25??
I hope you enjoy the photos. That was the day’s excitement.
Cheers, Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 
A steady timed shot is generally much clearer.

Another angle of the Broken Bridge

2.5 seconds seems to be a decent time for such a shot

No tripod, just balanced on a rock

The Tomebamba is really low

I am not displeased with these results

 
A pretty dark night

The camera doesn't always do what I want...

8 bikes, 8 riders

Cheap eats on Don Bosco (with a flash)

This one was taken without a flash