Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Tuesday August 29, 2017 New Camera


Get these Blogs via email !! ... SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right >>>>>>>
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Tuesday August 29, 2017
Sunday was a wonderful day of rest that was badly needed after Saturday.
Monday it seems like I spent the whole day on the computer.  Everything I touched took so much time.  Heck I spent 1.5 hours just composing a short email to the Cuenca Camera Club.  
Then I resumed my search for my replacement camera.  I had to read a lot of reviews to find a camera in my price range that takes good clear pictures.  In the end I decided to stay with Canon and upgrade 4 models from my EOS Rebel T3i to the T7i which is 24MP and has touch-screen, bluetooth, wifi, etc.  I kinda needed to stay with Canon so I could use my existing lenses and accessories.  I found a kit on eBay for $10 more than just buying the camera body and also found 2 extra batteries because they are different than my existing.  Time is of the essence because my mule from Canada is chomping at the bit to be in Ecuador in 4 weeks...    But I had to wait to order until my pension got deposited...
Today started off with Cristina giving me another with's brew to drink which is supposed to cure my ills...  Oh well, it tasted OK and I managed to get through the day alright.  
We have been having trouble with the calefon (on-demand water heater) which has been acting as if on whim, especially when I wanted to take a shower.  Finally I called Patricio the plumber (who had bought our old washer) and he came promptly enough and found that the problem stemmed back a couple of years to the day that I almost burned the house down.  A couple of wires with the insulation burnt off meant that I had to buy this whole relay system.  He ran downtown to get the new components, installed them, confimed everything works right, and it only cost me a grand total of $65....  Aaaah, to have an on-demand shower again...
I ran to the bank to make sure that the money I moved from Canada had arrived and it looked like it got transferred the next day. Yahoo!  Because the rates are the most favourable in a long, long, time I moved almost everything.  Then I checked that the pension money was in my Canadian account before going through with the eBay order for the camera and batteries.  Can't wait to see these new purchases amongst all the stuff we ordered for Cristina.
Then I ran down the block to get my leather moccasins repaired.  A few weeks ago Jack had chewed off the back of one of them and also the leather thong that holds it tight.  I paid the $3.50 charge and will pick them up tomorrow.
Cristina had fed me lunch with pasta, potatoes and rice and I tried to explain that having 3 starches is not a good thing but it falls on deaf ears.  I tried looking quickly online for a definitive explanation of the pitfalls and came up short of anything decent.  I'll have to try again later.
Then Cristina got a surprise call and we had a visit from Cecilia and daughter Elisa who we haven't seen since Ken's (of Joes' Secret Garden) birthday.  I was hoping that her Italian husband, Alex, might be tagging along but that didn't happen.  We had a delightful visit and Cecilia borrowed a few movies from my collection and left us with an invitation to come out and visit their big hacienda on the outskirts of Azogues.  Hopefully we will do that some Sunday soon.
I hope you enjoy the photos. That was the day’s excitement.
Cheers, Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 
Sunday's sunrise

And the accompanying fog over our forest...