Friday, August 25, 2017

Thursday August 24, 2017 IESS/Herederos


Get these Blogs via email !! ... SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right >>>>>>>
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Thursday August 24, 2017
At 4pm there was a meeting put on by local lawyers at the Chamber Of Commerce building about the new Feb 2017 Mobility Law which encompasses the new IESS premiums.  The lawyers said that a lot of the new provisions are unconstitutional and discriminatory, so they will be null and void.
The GREAT news, which was repeated many times, is that all of us who had residency and cedulas and IESS coverage PRIOR TO Feb 2017 do not have to worry, the new rates do not affect us..!!!
The sad news is that the folks who pulled out of IESS early because of the threat of new rates, will now be subject to the new rates if they try to come back....
There were a couple of private insurers there waiting to tout their wares, which I did not stay for, because the main lawyer dropped a bomb on them..   She said that the new law says that every foreigner here must have TOTAL insurance, no exclusions for pre-existing conditions, etc.  Foreign insurance is OK as long as it is TOTAL coverage.  Then she intoned several times that IESS was the only one in Ecuador that provided TOTAL insurance....  The insurers were just rolling their eyes...
So I am one happy camper at the moment and so glad that I did not get all excited and do silly things which I would regret.   It was Gustavo who gave me the wise advice to just wait it out because Ecuadorians take a long time to try to get things right and the government would fumble for months over this.   A lot of people will be kicking themselves if they pulled out early.
Later I met Gustavo again at the Broken Bridge for the Herederos ride.  We were all introduced to a fellow who has ridden 35,000 kms around South America and is headed to Alaska.  If I heard him right, he was 27 years old and was on his third machine, a Honda 750, since starting this quest.
Then 11 rider headed again right by my home headed for Ricaurte.  We pulled up in front of the church and since the group usually goofs around for at least 1/2 hour I went off to get some chow, expecting to be followed by a few others.  That wasn't the case this night as they started going past me after 15 minutes so I had to rush and leave part of my meal for the street dogs...  Then, to piss me off, they only went about 5 blocks to eat cuy (guinea pig) at a different place.... so I just decided to ride home myself and get this Blog underway.   It has been a very long and rewarding day...
I hope you enjoy the photos. That was the day’s excitement.
Cheers, Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
OK
 
Human Mobility Law and Regulations Conference

This was the bright young lawyer but he only spoke Spanish

The new rules for people applying since February

The typical Government processes

Lawyers have found many conradictions in the new law

Gathering of the fearless bikers

Gathering of the fearless bikes

I never tire of this gorgeous place to meet

Broken Bridge (Puente Roto)

Todos Santos & Broken Bridge (Puente Roto)

Dr Juan is borrowing the Buzzer idea

Artsy fartsy shot

I think someone is about to propose marriage with flower petals

6-second night shot blurs the traffic

Getting things set up for somebody

Steeple of Todos Santos

Almost ready to leave

Dr Juan got saddlebags on Amazon...

To Quieres Casar Conmigo..  You want to get married with me?

Gathering at the Ricaurte church