Thursday, July 20, 2017

Wednesday July 19, 2017 Oldies But Goodies


Get these Blogs via email !! ... SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right >>>>>>>
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Wednesday July 19, 2017
We are being run ragged by the dogs.  Poor Turi is supposed to be fixed but she is in heat again and out little Jack is all over her so he has to be quarantined.  I feel so bad for him to be locked in the garage but that is the only safe place for him.  I make sure that I visit him often and take him on short walks so he feels loved.
Taking Turi outside to do her business is mostly Cristina's chore and she turned her back for 5 seconds.  The street dog that we care for outside, I call him Blanco because he is white, got on Turi and got so excited that they were locked together for almost 1/2 hour.  Normally we need to carry a stick to chase away all the male dogs in the area.  I counted 10 waiting outside one time...  So taking Turi outside has become a timing issue when we see few dogs around.  The poor things are just doing what comes naturally..
Cristina wasn't feeling up to par so she begged off on the Oldies But Goodies dance.  I had run to the bank to change 3 - $20 bills into 12 - $5 bills for my float, and that turned out to be the best decision of the day because almost everybody came in with $20 bills....  We had about 34 dancers register but had some great walk-ins and ended up with around 44 people, counting Rene, George and myself.  We had loads of room on the huge dance floor which is always really nice for dancing.  I hate going to dances at other venues where you dance on a postage stamp and are always worried about bumping other dancers.
Many, many of our patrons are on holidays out-of-country in the summer so it is good that we can still get a decent crowd who have a good time.  We have booked Wednesday August 16 for the next dance.
George is doing a good job with the music and keeping the dance floor full and he handled a lot of requests tonight.
I took a few shots with the new Lumix on a "handheld night" setting and it did surprisingly well, but there is no way to account for action and movement in such low-light situations.
I wasn't feeling that great either so I was pretty subdued and didn't dance much this night.  Everyone else did though and that is the name of the game.
I hope you enjoy the photos. That was the day’s excitement.
Cheers, Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 
170719 OBG dance #1

170719 OBG dance #2

170719 OBG dance #3

170719 OBG dance #4

170719 OBG dance #5

170719 OBG dance #6

170719 OBG dance #7