Friday, July 7, 2017

Thursday-Friday July 6-7, 2017 Buzzer


Get these Blogs via email !! ... SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right >>>>>>>
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Thursday-Friday July 6-7, 2017
Thursday:
Busy, busy, busy. Looking to get off the merry-go-round for a while.  I get up to walk the dogs before 5:30 generally then try to cram in as much email, Facebook, and uploading 2 photos for sale time before 8am when I have to prepare to go to physio.  Only one day left for that and I am looking forward to the break.  I spoke to Diego, one of my former physiotherapists (twice) and discussed trying traction to find a solution.  He said that it is 8 months since the operation so a mild traction could be tried but he hesitated to help me to get a doctor to sign off on this...  I have to go through the mill to give that a try.
Then I ran off to get Buzzer because the mechanic said it would be ready by 8:30.   Well, Ecuador hits again because he didn't finish the job, had some trouble with his kids and wouldn't be back until the afternoon... Ugh.
So, back home I go, finish up my photo uploading, have lunch and head out with Cristina to this Woman and Child clinic way out in the Industrial area.  2 buses to get there and back, and a nice little walk from the bus stops.  Then 10 minutes to get copies made of the request documents, then another 10 minutes to get another appointment late Tuesday.
I cut off at San Blas to wander through a bunch of medical booths at the Artesanal Centre before going to check on Buzzer.  The mechanic said it would be about 1/2 hour so I stayed to help him line things up right.   I had understood that he wanted to buy my old luggage carrier but I was wrong, ..he just thought I was going to leave it there... fat chance... Is anyone interested in it?  If not, I just may use it as a little safe...
I got Buzzer home and started working on the decals.  The new front wind deflector (for lack of a better term), with lights, looks like a motocross front, so I had a thought.... dangerous... There was a new design shop opened up in our block so I went down to talk to them.  After some discussion I had them print out a black number 5 (the number of local motocross champ Andres Benenaula) whose family own the shop where I just bought this equipment.  Then they came over and helped stick on the number 5 and wouldn't take any money for it...  I think they were just happy that somebody gave them some attention and a welcome diversion.  Then I added a few of the Buzzer decals without going crazy and the result looks pretty darn good!
A few of us went on the Herederos ride to Tutupali to the southwest.  I tried out my new lights along with my high beams along the mountain road and was pleased with the visibility.  However, when I slowed down to wait for lagging buddies, Buzzer quit and would not start again without kick-starting.   I was not a happy camper.   The new light are hooked into the park lights as well as the low and high beams and that draws a lot of power.  So I drove a bit in the middle of the pack without lights, left it run for a while, and then just used the park lights with the new lights, and had no trouble re-starting after a snack break on the way back.
Friday:
We had not much scheduled today so I hoped to catch up on some rest.  This was not to be, even though Cristina did the unthinkable and took the dogs for their early-morning walk.  I decided to go see my neurosurgeon who performed my operation at 8am before physio because he is only available a few hours per day but did not realize that this was restricted to Monday-Wednesday only, so I was early for my final physio. This IESS uncertainty is so upsetting when we both have current medical issues to get settled. That will be a project for next week....
Then I figured I would see my electrical fellow on Paseo de Los Canaris about my Buzzer problems but he only deals in cars so he sent me to an area west of the AlarmStop building to find a fellow who deals with motorcycles. After getting in the general area and going the wrong way down one-way streets to get there, and asking a couple of people, I did find Geovanny Rios.  I was also early enough that he wasn't busy yet either.  He even has a Herederos sticker in his window.  I explained the issues with the new light hookup, the battery drain problem, the disconnection of my alarm and the accessory plug, and he dug down to work and fixed everything.  The new lights now have their own separate switch like the accessory plug and he told me to use them only in conjunction with the park lights (just like I did last night).  Then I had him help me secure permanently the new luggage carrier which was popping out of its built-in hold-downs.  So he must have worked close to 2 hours, provided a relay and switches and supplies, and he asked only for $20... I couldn't believe it!   I gave him $25 and told him to have a couple of beers on me.  I had already agreed to post about him on my Blog and allowed him to put his decal on Buzzer, so everybody is happy.
I also asked him about a way to cover the inside of the wind deflector/lights because the backlight on those new lights is really hard on the eyes.  He suggested I stop at a shoemaker for a piece of heavy rubber used for shoes, so I did stop at my shoemaker on Gonzalez Suarez...  The gal at the counter couldn't grasp what I wanted so the shoemaker himself came out, understood, made a pattern with paper and scissors, then he came out with a piece of rubber which he proceeded to whittle to size with a carpet knife.  He got it exactly the way I wanted and then refused to take any money.. I think I really made out like a bandit today and Buzzer is very pleased to have a new look and to have no further problems....
Now, time for that long nap....
I hope you enjoy the photos. That was the day’s excitement.
Cheers, Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
OK
 
Buzzer with his new wind-deflector/lights

And he has a new larger luggage carrier

Yes Virginia, it is bigger than the old one

My new helmet fits inside, no problem

And this is even with the chin guard and visor down

The new wind-deflector gives a tiny bit more protection

And the lights turn with the handlebars

Now we are numbered among the champions..

 
I didn't go overboard.  I like it...

We ended up with 6 bikes, 8 people tonight

I hope you don't tire of these Broken Bridge shots

It is just such a picturesque location

The Rogues gallery

I am now one of the Rogues

Trying out my new yellow jacket (with big alpaca sweater underneath)

High in the Andes at Tutupali (saw nobody wearing tutus)

Late night snack with the guys (and Isabel)

Highly recommend this bike mechanic!

This "buck" was lounging on the floor...

Newly secured luggage carrier

Before covering the new lights on the inside

The new cover will do the trick just nicely

The old luggage carrier.  $20 anyone?

I will use it as a safe if I get no takers