Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Tuesday July 18, 2017 Buying


Get these Blogs via email !! ... SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right >>>>>>>
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Tuesday July 18, 2017
In typical Ecuadorian fashion there was no contact about this supposed meeting with our group of Perjudicados de Coopera, along with ex-Asambleista Oswaldo Larriva, and the new Liquidator.  They did say it would happen Monday or Tuesday, ....just not which week of the year....
I had begged off on going to the Camera Club meeting this afternoon, figuring that I would probably be busy with Coopera but decided to try and make it, plus spend some "found" money on 2- 4 more $15 tracksuits downtown.  I already have 2 different greys and a red tracksuit, but they are awesome in this weather, so well-made, and so ridiculously cheap that I was hoping to get some different colours.  They only had a white in the XL so I grabbed at least another grey as well.  Then we got Cristina a nice sport top with a hood (capucha.. your Spanish word for the day).
The Photo Club meeting is held at the Cuchara Magica (Magic Spoon) owned by Canadians (and most of the Club is composed of Canadians) so I was taking Cristina there for lunch as well.
A couple of doors before that is a leather store where I have bought some items previously, so we dropped in to look.  I spied a nice backpack and enquired about the price...  $92, but just for me, only $80.  I really liked the one backpack because of the distinctive stitching but decided on another because it was larger, squarer, had a secret pocket, and was much more comfortable on my shoulders.  I had been browsing for such a backpack half-heartedly for years but finally took the plunge today.
At the Photo Club (needs a name, yes??) meeting one of the Canadian couples was celebrating their 47th Anniversary and was treating us all to a glass of wine, how nice of them!  The meeting was fun  and we have some other good informative meetings and trips to look forward to.  We might even make a Devil's Nose/Alausi trip some day soon.  Some of us suggested a trip to Medellin too and that seemed to spur some interest.
To top off my delicious burger I had another Nanaimo bar, which any Canadian should know is definite decadent death by sugar, but irresistible....
All in all, a delightful day although the bank account is considerably lower,... again.
Oh, and the Canadian dollar has been gaining strength against the USD ever since I did my money exchanges...   And, I can make it rain at will just by throwing water at Buzzer....  That is about the extent of my super powers, but don't tell anyone...
I hope you enjoy the photos. That was the day’s excitement.
Cheers, Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 
Leather backpack and 2 track suits = $95

Try to buy this quality at that price anywhere...

A person has to take the bargains when he finds them