Thursday, July 27, 2017

Wednesday July 26, 2017 Tribute to Jeanne


Get these Blogs via email !! ... SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right >>>>>>>
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Wednesday July 26, 2017
As you know, my oldest sister Jeanne Bourassa Delanoy passed away yesterday so I was really a little out of sorts today and didn't do much of anything, ...also because of the rainy day.
After rummaging through a lot of old photos I decided to do this small tribute to Jeanne.  I don't really have any material at hand to give you a chronological rundown as I would have liked so we will have to do mostly with the pictures themselves.
Jeanne was one of 3 children born to my father and his first wife, Evelyne Galarneau, who passed away from pneumonia.  Mainly they were brought up by the Grandparents and relatives.  After 8 years, my father remarried Yvonne Bourassa who was barely older than these children. 
Jeanne married Gerard Delanoy and together they had 6 boys and one girl.   One son, Maurice, passed away at a young age from leukemia.
The family lived on a farm in the Lacadia district for all those years and it is still farmed by one of the sons.
I believe Jeanne was born in 1926 or so, making her 91 years of age.  She had been residing in the Marian Home in Radville, Sask for many years since the passing of Gerry and had been bedridden for many of those years.
I hope you enjoy the photos. That was the day’s excitement.
Cheers, Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 
Jeanne is front row left, in the white dress

Jeanne, Dad, Simone, Mom, Lucien

Jeanne is again front row, left

And again, front row, left

Jeanne is hidden behind brother Lucien

Gerry & Jeanne on the left at dual wedding of siblings Simone and Lucien

Jeanne and Gerry wed

Jeanne trailing Dad & Gerry, probably in Regina?

Gerry and Jeanne on the left

Gerry and Jeanne at son Maurice's wedding



Jeanne in the 70's

Jeanne is 3rd from left in this complete family photo

Joe, Simone, Jeanne, Gerry

Jeanne and Gerry

Family pic 1994

Family pic 1996

In the Marian Home