Friday, July 28, 2017

Thursday July 27, 2017 Restaurant


Get these Blogs via email !! ... SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right >>>>>>>
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Thursday July 27, 2017
I had to go to Carolina Bookstore to exchange books.  When I get on a reading kick, like in this cold weather, I actually get through a few books.  After a while it gets tough to remember which title a person has already read.
Since I wasd going to be in the area, I called Gustavo to see if he would be free for lunch and he was so I stopped in.  It turns out that his ex and a girlfriend opened up the Almendras y Miel (Almonds & Honey) Restaurant just 2 blocks away at 7-27 Mariano Cueva.  And, by coincidence hios brother also stopped in.  The place seats 14 and has different almuerzos every day.  They are open from 10am until 6:30.  Today we had Shepherd's Pie, accompanied by soup, popcorn, juice and a sweet dessert for $4.  I think I can safely recommend this place.
Gustavo and I discussed changes we want to make to our bikes and he offered to take me to his mechanic Fernando near the Industrial Area to change my Exhaust pipe location.  We want to lower the pipe so it is out of the way of my passengers who burn the heels of their footwear.
But first he had to run to the vet's to feed his dog that just had surgery.  While he was away I got to sit in his "Cadillac" massage chair, watch Real Madrid lose a soccer match, and commissertae with his other dog, a large Bassett hound that I call "Fred" (from the cartoons) and that he calls "Ears" in Spanish (I wonder why??.. lol).

When he returned we went to see his mechanic Fernando who seems to work on cars, motorcycles, trucks and more.  His shop is really well equiped with proper machinery for manufacturing custom pieces, welding, etc.  Many cars in the shop were the small rice-burners looking to be hopped-up into racing car replicas.  I always laugh at those.  Anyway, we made an appointment for Saturday morning to re-route my exhaust pipe.
I also went to my 2 banks to update my books, etc.  At one bank I need to make sure that my IVA refund is deposited, and at the amount requested.  All is good there, so I will continue to do the refund submission on my own.
At the other bank it is all the utility and internet bills that come out.  With the cold weather the electric bill has really jumped.  I had trouble reconciling this month's bill because it mappears the code for the Empresa Electrica has changed and I don't see the charge for my Internet...  Very weird.  I may just wait and check again later because I don't know who can give me any straight answers..
I hope you enjoy the photos. That was the day’s excitement.
Cheers, Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 
Good food on Mariano Cueva & Presidente Cordova

The hostesses

Seating for 14 people

New and clean operation

Shepherd's Pie meal is almost devoured

Love the wall sign (I added the English)

Fred (Ears) has such sad eyes

He is lonesome without his companion