Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Wednesday July 12, 2017 IESS


Get these Blogs via email !! ... SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right >>>>>>>
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Wednesday July 12, 2017
Happy 45th Birthday to my daughter, Jill. 
Yesterday we began a round of more Doctor visits for Cristina by going for an 4pm appointment with a neurologist at this clinic above the Industrial Park  which invloves a little walking as well, dodging traffic on a busy road.  That spawned more approvals required by the big IESS office.
Today we went for a 8:50am appointment with a Gynecologist which also spawned more approvals required at IESS.  So the next stop was at the said office.  While Cristina was getting her approvals I decided to head upstairs and talk with Diana Calle about the new rules and premiums.  Now Diana is one of the first people we met in Cuenca when she worked in the "VIP" division at Banco Pichincha.  She speaks reasonable English and has since gone to owning a home lighting store to now working for IESS.  I have emailed her 3 times since may 6th and she has not had the courtesy to respond.  I read a very recent report of an interview she had with an Ecuadorian lawfirm which, among other things, stated that she was tired of being yelled at, but every Gringo presently on the IESS rolls had to see her personally because the rules go into effect this month...  So, I was prepared to have the discussion, and to advise her that I would be staying with IESS for the time being.  Guess what..!!!???  This @#$%& is gone on holidays for 3 weeks, and won't return until the last week of July!!!  I was so upset that I tried to see the General manager but he was conveniently in a meeting.  I did talk to another very nice young lady who could not take Diana's place, etc, etc, but at least she did confirm some of the major questions.  We are at the absolute bottom of the scale for pension income $900 for 2 people) so my premiums will only jump from $72 to $189, or 21% of our income.  It is easy to see why the more well-to-do pensioners are cancelling in droves.  Remember, this is only for the health coverage, no Unemployment or Pension benefits like Ecuadorians qualify for.  I don't blame people for yelling at this money grab.
So, Cristina has her approvals and we must go to Monte Sinai Hospital for appointments for some tests.  One of the approvals was wrong so we had to go back to IESS again, then back to MSH.  So after over 5 hours, 3 different offices, and 6 bus rides later, we have a morning 7am appointment in the Industrial Park, and return at 3pm for the results, then rush to Monte Sinai for 4 pm test(s).  Hopefully we can get squeezed in for the second test as well or that will mean yet more running around...  So this was not a fun day and I am not a happy camper...
I hope you enjoy the photos, taken with the new Lumix. That was the day’s excitement.
Cheers, Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Table ornament in a restaurant

Reparations happening at San Blas

Church near Banco Central