Monday, July 10, 2017

Monday July 10, 2017 Processing


Get these Blogs via email !! ... SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right >>>>>>>
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Monday July 10, 2017
By 9:30 I had walked the dogs, got ready, went to IESS hospital, waited in 3 lineups, saw my surgeon, made appointments for x-rays and MRI, then went to SRI and G+G, and then walked the dogs again.   All that was before I even had time for my coffee.
I bypassed some rigamarole by waiting, first in line, to see my surgeon who gives me a slip to go to the front desk to get an actual appointment, then come back to see him.   He apologizes for his forgotten English and his poor memory.   I showed him a paper outlining the crazy feelings in my body and asking if he could help me to try traction to unblock the nerve(s) since regular physiotherapy has been ineffective.  He said that I would need x-rays and an MRI beforehand which I wholeheartedly agree with.  So he gave me slips to make the appointments for those, and I stood in the very long Monday lineup for a while only to find that both will be August 5th.
Then I jumped on Buzzer and headed for the SRI office with my facturas (receipts) to submit them in person once again.  My biggest problems are getting the SRI forms to cooperate with my computer, the getting my printer to do what I ask.  It was a breeze at SRI like usual.
I then walked across the street to G+G to get my May receipts and to pay my bill for letting them handle it.  I asked the young girl why I submitted $55 in receipts and only got $48 back.  She said my two hotel receipts don't qualify and one receipt did not have my name on it.  I explained that whenever I submit myself to SRI I get every penny back, except 10c kept by the bank....  My argument is that if a company charges me the IVA tax, rightly or wrongly, it does go to the Government and I am still entitled to get it back.   Anyway G+G was a failed experiment.
I did not take any photos today but did work on some photos from our exploratory tour in 2010 of Panama.  I thought it would be of interest to show you some 'before and after' work that I am doing these days.  I am way beyond just 'happy snaps' and posting raw, poor photographs.  My new program of Smart Photo Editor now complements my PhotoShop and 'artworks' are the order of the day.  Making a pretty basic photograph into a work of art is exciting and has revitialized me.  I am actually posting works for sale from last July, I am so backlogged....
I am showing a screen capture of Smart Photo Editor, and you can see that there are 12 options, and it shows that it is Page 11 of 616, so you can do the math...  And then I can choose to process it again using another effect with another 12 x 616 options, so I thing we are in the millions of possibilities.  I have been known to stack 3 or 4 effects to get the different look that I want....
I hope you enjoy the photos. That was the day’s excitement.
Cheers, Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 
Pelican and egret are almost lost in the original shot

Hardly the same photo, is it???  2 effects used+++

Loved this shot in Panama but needed a different take on it

2 different effects are stacked on this baby

A 'nothing shot" that needed rescuing

3 effects stacked on this puppy...

Page 11 of 616...  12 on a page...  Over 7,000 choices...  And that's just the start...