Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Monday-Tuesday July 24-25, 2017 Physicalities


Get these Blogs via email !! ... SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right >>>>>>>
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Monday-Tuesday July 24-25, 2017
Monday:
I had to run 2 errands for Cristina today on Buzzer because it is so much easier and quicker than taking 6 buses. First I had to go to the Hospital in the Industrial Park to make an appointment with a neurologist.
You have to take a number and wait your turn. My number was 95. There was an old indigenous grandma attended to by her granddaughter and hubby but they were outside when her number came up so they had to grab a new number, 103. It turns out that they are from the Shuar tribe in the far south near the Peru border and the hubby speaks pretty decent English. So I swapped numbers with granny so she would get in sooner. When 103 came up I started to go but another lady got their first and the lady next to me said "Your number is E01, not 103..." Without glasses, I was looking at it upside down.. So I was supposed to take another number and wait even longer. I spoke to the attending security guy and told him that I had already been waiting over 40 minutes and he snuck me in. Then the appointments person said I need copies of the IESS documents so I had to run across the street and come back. That is quite a racket they have in Ecuador with the copy shops and the notaries....
Appointment is tomorrow at 6:15pm... Ugh.
Then we were out of dog food, amongst many other things, so the weekly run to Coral was necessary. We stocked up pretty good and the bank account is another $100 lighter.
And a quiet nap was in order prior to running to Monte Sinai to pick up test results from last week. At least there were no lineups or glitches involved there.
Popcorn and a movie were the trick in the evening and Cristina chose "The Mummy", the new one with Tom Cruise and Russell Crowe. It is rated 5.7 on IMDB but it just doesn't cut it when it tried to mix in Jekyll and Hyde (Crowe). All these corpes rising from graves gets exceedingly tiresome.
Tuesday:
I took most of the day just to rest and recharge the batteries but it did little good. I never sleep during the day, just close my eyes and try to rest the body and it used to help, but not today..
Creistina and I took the buses to get to her 6:15 appointment. Our first bus, the #15 had a problem with the card reader so the driver pulled, off and got his tools to work. It probably only took about 5 minutes but it seemed longer. We actually got to the Hospital in the Industrial Park in real good time and had to wait, and wait.

While waiting, I got the sad news that my oldest sister, Jeanne, has passed away.  😓 I am pretty sure she was 91, and she had been in the Marian Home for many years.  I understand that her surviving 6 children are with her.  She was pre-deceased by her husband, Gerard Delanoy, and one son, Maurice, who died very young from leukemia.
This is a photo I dug up from around 1943.  It is sad that the top 5 in the photo are now gone.
L to R. Back row.  Jeanne d. 2017, Lucien d. 1958, Simone d. 2012?
      Middle row.   Dad Horace d. 1984, Mom Yvonne d. 2016.
      Front row.  Fernand, Leonie, Laurent (and 4 more children to come).

Cristina saw the neurologist and the good news is that all the tests are good. The bad news is that she has to stop eating many of her favourite things, especially eggs and bananas to control the migraines. She also got some special tablets to take for 3 weeks.
While we were at the Pharmacy we got some muscle pain medication to try, a few Tylenol, and some sniffle medication too.
This cool, wet weather, and this horrible feeling in my body, can all just smarten up please and let us enjoy life already...
Sorry, haven't been in the mood fo taking photos. That was the day’s excitement.
Cheers, Al
******