Saturday, May 27, 2023

Saturday May 27, 2023 Deliveries

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Saturday May 27, 2023

Yesterday I was up real early but had to delay until a reasonable hour to begin laundry. 

While the clothes were in the dryer, I took a chance to run quickly to Dollarama to get stronger reading glasses, 2.50 strength, for some of the small type in the books I was reading.  I also picked up 3 bags of Spitz to make reading more enjoyable.

Since I had to leave all my favourite DVD movies behind with Roger when I left Colombia, I decided that I would download a few of them in case I ever have company that could be interested in watching.  I also downloaded the next year of Outlander, Season 6 and began watching that.  I can't forget that I have many Prime movies waiting to be viewed as well, since I am now paying for Prime.  Really, I would much rather read a good book than watch a movie it seems.

My family have all received my RedBubble "Oh My Papa" gift of a 1,000 piece jigsaw puzzle collage of our favourite photos of our dear dad and family.  Kudos to Canada Post for getting them across Canada to my 5 siblings in one piece.

Today, I made a trip to the Edmonton Public Library since I have finished the riveting Conn Iggulden series about Julius Caesar (although I see he has now added a fifth book to the "Emperor" series).  I had picked up a huge Tom Clancy book downstairs but it was quickly apparent that I had already read it, so it was time to find more.  The EPL had almost no Iggulden or Clancy books, so I had to try something different.

Of all things, I picked up a book by Bill Clinton, ghost written by James Patterson.  Then I got a book by our cousin, his wife, Hillary Clinton and rounded the day out with a Clive Cussler offering.

Wandering downtown is always quite pleasant and it was a beautiful day for it.

When I returned home, my final delivery was waiting at my door from RedBubble.  This was my long-awaited "Oh My Papa" shower curtain and it looks great!  Now I really do have to get Roch to approve raising the shower bar.

My niece Dawn came by for a short visit and a beer with Clamato.  I gave her one of the extra Turi blankets because Turi was her favourite too when she visited me in Ecuador.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

My "Oh My Papa" Collage

Caught the High Level tram in operation

The Explorer tribute on 108 St.

Very interesting

Yes, it is a windvane

The Macdonald

CN Tower, Silly Hall and the Library

I love the ManuLife building

My choices of books today

The shower curtain spread out

Shower curtain installed

We love our dad.