Monday, May 15, 2023

Monday May 15, 2023 Freedom

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Monday May 15, 2023

Sunday, I made a rare brunch of bacon and eggs.  It is good that I love my own cooking and can spice up meals the way I like.

Dawn came by for a quick visit and we went out for a cone and sundae at Dairy Queen not far away.  It was so beautiful outside that I simply walked back home.  It is nice to get visitors once in a while.

I was ecstatic to receive my Senior's Bus Pass in the mail today!   This was just before I joined a good group for the grilled pork chop with gravy lunch today in the cafeteria which was again delicious.

I went back upstairs to put stuff away before heading to the corner to the LRT station to try out my newfound transportation freedom.  I could not find anywhere to scan or present the card but knew that I was legal so away I went.  The first train that came was headed North to Clareview, so I enjoyed the ride.  I was hoping the end station would be next to the big shopping complex somewhere up there, but no such luck...

So I just waited for the return trip, enjoying the gorgeous day and the scenery.  I went right by my Government Center stop and continued south.  The second-last stop was at Southgate Mall so I got out there to explore a bit.  I saw a direction to The Bay and remembered my friend Dawn bringing me Hudson Bay bath towels to Ecuador and they were so delightfully soft and absorbent that I had to check.  I returned with a nice beige one to match the bathroom colours.

I went by the food court and checked out the different stalls.  Not much has changed over the years but the Donair sign pulled me in, as this was on my food bucket list.  I had to try a small "inferno" donair that brought water to my eyes, and I was in heaven...

I made my way back to the LRT and caught the train going further south to the last "Century" station, again hoping for a shopping complex, but instead just finding huge apartment complexes.  I stepped out and caught the train on the other track that would return sooner.  

Gosh, it was so nice to get out and let somebody else drive!  I processed these photos on my return until my eyes would no longer stay open and forced me to nap.

I hope you enjoy the Lumix pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Enough scrambled eggs for 2 days

Hey, I am a good cook!

Cauliflower salad today was very soft

Cut with your fork pork chop

Fruit for dessert

My new TICKET TO FREEDOM

LRT station at the corner

Going by Commonwealth stadium

Beautiful , clean, smooth trains

The house that Gretzky built

Yummy spicy donair

1948 Harley Flathead with gear shift

Hanging in a pedestrian overpass

Crossing the North Sask below the High Level Bridge

So very peaceful today

The end of a good trip