Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Tuesday May 23, 2023 Vote

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Tuesday May 23, 2023

It did rain a touch overnight to clean things up a bit, but we definitely needed a lot more.

I was actually up very early this morning, did quick chores and was out to shop at Save-On Foods by 7:30am to get more salad fixings, etc.  I did not get everything on my list because I lacked the room.  The sky was cloudy but with patches of blue, so either the wind or the rain had a hand in the big change.

I came home, unloaded, finished my chores and was out again around 8:40am to go 6 blocks away to do an advance vote for the Alberta provincial election.  The sky to the west was quite dark and I thought that I might get wet but the clouds were headed quickly north, where they desperately need rain...

I went for a very nice lunch downstairs today after 11am and was waiting desperately for the Canada Post driver to show up, fully expecting to get 4 parcels today somehow.  When he did show up, there was nothing for me... drat!

I decided to sign up for the fish dish on tomorrow's lunch too...

I visited outside for a while with Don, the other photographer, and showed him my camera and some of my work.  He is way more knowledgeable than me of the intricacies of photography and it is fascinating to listen to him.  He has bad osteoporosis and is battling that.  He is also very knowledgeable about cheap places to shop nearby and he has a Toyota van, so he has invited me to join him some day.  I am game for more knowledge....

Also outside this afternoon was Ghislaine, one of the usual ladies who serve lunch and is from Quebec.  It turns out that she is the lady in 507 who was supposed to move out and I would get her suite at the front, but she decided not to move, so I ended up getting 311, facing north.  Surprisingly, she asked me to accompany her on a weekend day trip to Sylvan Lake, where she likes to go, but not alone.  She has a Ford pickup and complains that she has no friends here and is thinking of moving back to Quebec to be with her family.  I was not about to refuse a nice outing to a lake where I can take lots of pictures....

I started to sprinkle here again for a bit, teasing us when we really want a good downpour....  It may yet come..

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Early morning blue sky and cloud

Dark skies to the west heading north >>>>

Good salad today

Beef barley soup was delicious.

Pork roast was great with the potatoes and beans

and a nice fruit dessert instead of cake

Ghislaine