Monday, May 1, 2023

Monday May 1, 2023 Scams

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Monday May 1, 2023

I decided that I needed a break, so for lunch I went to the reasonable pizza place on the corner.  For $14.99 I got a large 2-topping pizza with 2 cans of Coke (for company) which will last me 2 days easily.

I was again wearing my new runners which I need to stretch because size 8.5 is a tad small and, while not uncomfortable, do not feel quite right.  My legs were rebelling so I forced myself to take a walk to Ezio Faraone Park on the riverbank.   On the way, I checked out the LRT stations at the corner.   It is 28C so lots of folks were out enjoying the late Spring.

As I returned to the Manoir, a gent stopped me near the elevator and asked if I was the photographer that everyone was talking about...???  OMG, my fame precedes me.. lol.  He went on to mention that he had been a photographer for years with all expensive gear and still had a lot of it and would like to get together to do some shooting...  I think that he said his name was Don...

I received a phone call (East Indian of course) purporting to be from Amazon, but as soon as he started asking questions, I just said "This is sounding like a scam" and hung up.  They did not call back or email.

Then I just got an email purporting to be from Best Buy "Geek Squad" saying that I was auto-renewed for their services for a year for $350.  I checked my banking before calling Best Buy to confirm that this is a scam as well....

And there are lots of things showing up on FaceBoook posts and on their marketplace that are outright blatant scams as well.  A person really needs to be careful these days, and not volunteer information over the phone, and never reply "yes" because they record your voice as an authorization for some purchase....

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.