Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Wednesday May 10, 2023 Frustrations

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Wednesday May 10, 2023

Jeepers, it has been a while between Blogs Eh??

Sunday morning, I got a call from Aram at 4:30am.  Of course he is in a time zone 2 hours later...   Anyway, I managed to do my laundry (free here) and watched sports all day, Formula One, Basketball, Hockey and Curling...

Monday, I encountered unexpected problems on both RedBubble and Fine Art America as I tried to buy some of my own products for the apartment...  I could not believe how ridiculously hard it was for me to find what I wanted on my own sales sites!!!!!!!!!!  I emailed FAA and got a response that sounded like there are 3 different ways or places to upload there!!  I emailed back, confused as he** and still don't have a sensible response.  I am not a happy camper with these sites that I have supported for over 13 years and have poosted over 6,000 artworks!

Tuesday, I did a small grocery run to Save-On.  Can you believe that I can't find string or electrical tape within 4 kms of my place??  Then I was so bored that I spent almost the whole day reading, with evening sports in the background.

I ordered some suction bird feeders to stick on my windows for regular birds and hummingbirds...  It will be interesting to see if i can attract them to my 3rd floor window and hopefully set up for photos.

I got a reply from Edmonton Transit (ETS) about my bus pass application that even the new T4 slips I provided did not satisfy them....... Grrrr.  

So, early this morning I looked up the address for Canada Revenue in Canada Place at the suggestion of ETS and I was there at opening at 9am...  Guess what??  They haven't had an office there since 2011, with everything being done online now!!!  So why in he** do they advertise an office in Canada Place???  I was fuming as I came out!

I stopped to call my accountant here to see if he could print off my 2022 CRA Assessment showing my name, because, when I printed it out myself from my personal CRA account, my name was not on the documents and unacceptable to ETS!  Then I went to the ETS office shown on the emails from them and, guess what,... again... the office is non-existent and everything is done online!!!!!  I was fit to be tied....

But Tony came through and I got my 2022 Assessment which I emailed off to ETS as soon as I got home...

A friend in Red Deer mentioned to me that they saw news there that cousin Alyce Bourassa, wife of Romeo, had just celebrated her 100th Birthday!!  I searched and came up with her phone number, so I called and was almost shocked at her clarity of mind for such an advanced age.  Congrats Alyce!


I remembered, almost too late, to go downstairs and book lunch for the next 2 days to try out their $10 offerings.  The lunches look interesting on paper for those days so we will report again once the taste buds have done their job...

I also wanted still to change my address on my driver's licence at the nearest Registry at Oliver Square, but last time the line-up was to the door, with no senior's line so I decided to call.  I asked if there were days and times when the lines were historically resaonable and the blunt answer was "No sir, it is alway lined up to the door, so honestly we suggest that you try someplace else."  Have to appreciate the honesty so I don't waste my time again.

I hope you enjoy the (Lumix) pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


Edmonton Art Gallery

Edmonton City Hall

Marriott

Home of the Oilers, Rogers Place

Gretzky statue

Rogers Place

Rogers Place

St Joachim and home