Thursday, May 18, 2023

Thursday May 18, 2023 Kismet

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Thursday May 18, 2023

Last night, I found the energy to scrape and wash a 5 lb. bag of lovely red potatoes that I had hidden before they went bad.  They all fit in my dutch-oven, cooked easily, and I split them into 2 batches to freeze.  I had wanted to make mashed potatoes but did not have a potato masher yet.  A friend mentioned making hash browns,.. something that had not crossed my mind.

Today was one of those days where you just took your time, and everything fell into place ... kismet....

After finishing chores and lunch, I made my way to Canada Post to mail off my gifts, and the price was exactly what I figured it would be.  I will be excited to hear from the recipients when these arrive on their doorstep..  I am not a great gift-giver at the best of times, but I am sure these will make a few people happy.

Staples was next door so I actually found elastics and business card stock, ...2 more items on my list.

Further down was Dollarama, and they fulfilled almost every other silly item on my wish list, including snacks, a potato masher and large utensils, a shoe rack, and large S-hooks to hold my grocery bags on the Golden....  It just felt like I had accomplished so many important tasks today..

I wanted to get a Quarter-pounder at McDonald's via the drive-through because I was loaded down.   Some idiot responded that I needed to be on 4 wheels to use the drive-through.  I asked if he had his eyes checked lately and if he could count...  Then some lady said I had to be enclosed....  I told them to go #$$@#$%^&& and left.

On the ride back home, I ran into 2 Canadians grazing on the side of the road.  They weren't scared of my proximity at all.

Blogger is acting differently again, with different ways to upload...   not better at all, as they come up backwards first again the first couple of tries, grrrrr....

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Taken a couple of days ago, can you see the upside down building reflections in the drops?

5 lbs all fit in the dutch-oven

Split for freezing

A proud Canadian

and another

on a stroll together...