Friday, May 5, 2023

Friday May 5, 2023 Busy Day

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Friday May 5, 2023

They changed my buzzer number at the door to a simple 89, so it cannot be confused with another suite number.   I had pointed that out before as a problem with deliveries and Roch saw the logic so he did change it unexpectedly, but only for me....  Squeaky wheel and all,... lol.

This morning, my online grocery delivery from Walmart was supposed to come between 9 and 10am, and they showed up at 9:30am, which was excellent!  Then I got a call that they shorted me on one package of salad so I accepted the offered refund.  I stocked up pretty good, 8 bags or so, and started to put away the groceries and some idiot had stapled almost every bag with 6-8 staples each...!!  My fingernails and the bags did not look so good once I was done unpacking.   The good thing about Walmart is their 100% satisfaction guarantee.  I have already received 2 pretty substantial refunds from them when I complete their survey after every delivery and am honest about the experience...

At 10am, I finally got my TV stand/Fireplace delivered via Walmart.  It took 9 days to get here.  I was disappointed that it required complete assembly, especially when I saw that they recommended 2 people to complete this..!!  Well, I had no choice and I did have the tools to make things easier.  I followed the instructions to the letter and the assembly instructions were pretty clear, if a person took the time to read them carefully.  It certainly was awkward for one old man and I have the aches and pains to prove it now.  I was almost at the end of the assembly after 3.5 hours when I have to install the "back panels" which are integral to help the stability of the whole unit...  I tore apart the box with whatever was left at least 8 times and there were definitely no back panels in that box.  I could not let that stop me and I installed the fireplace unit and 2 shelves and voila!... it was done....   I called the manufacturer and they are sending me back panels which I can expect in another 10-14 days..  So Walmart got another reply to their satisfaction survey request...

So this meant re-arranging the place somewhat again..  The existing TV stand was basically a dresser which I now moved into the bedroom to support my 2 printers at a higher visual level.  The new TV stand went under the TV and occupies the same spot in the corner to minimize glare from the windows....  There really is nowhere else to put it for that very reason..

Patsy's old cedar hope chest was what was previously under the printers and that was swapped to the living room, containing many of my family heirlooms and a bit of Dad's too.  I am now able to display some of the old family photos in my new place, which makes it more homey, and definitely mine...

That was a lot of bending and lifting for this old fart,.. and some pain medication and a nice nap were definitely in order!

I had been having trouble with the Samsung Tv and Telus TV box connections for a while now but the disconnection and reconnection of everything seems to have solved that problem.

Cristina decided that she wanted a cubic zirconia necklace on Etsy with her son's name but was having trouble ordering it.  Since it is her birthday in 2 days, I got it ordered and sent to her.  The shipping costs are more than the necklace.

So, overall, it was a red letter day.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

New buzzer number for me

New fireplace/TV stand arrived too

Stocked up

The new TV stand with fireplace insert

The new look in the living room

My new view when relaxing

Saw this outside the chapel

The chapel is only 2 dors from me.