Thursday, May 4, 2023

Thursday May 4, 2023 Prep

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Thursday May 4, 2023

 So, Monday's pizza lasted for 3 days, and was much better after remembering to add the chili peppers.

I spent most of Tuesday working on photos, which I have neglected for quite a while now.  I still have about a one year backlog, which is better than having nothing worth uploading.

Tuesday, the problems continued with the TV and also the phone.   I did not figure it out.  

I made a copy of the menu for the lunches here at the Manoir.  Some of the meals look like they could be worth the $10 so I will have to try that some day.  Apparently they serve at 11am.

To soothe my frayed nerves, I treated myself to 2 orders of salt'n'pepper wings at Original Joe's in  the evening, which was an easy 18-block run each way.  I have found that if I only run the Golden at 1/2 speed that I go much further...

Wednesday, I was supposed to have brunch with my buddy KJ, but he got lost and no longer carries a cel phone.  Next time we will meet at a known place.

Since people were having trouble even reaching my phone I did more investigating.  I discovered that my computer somehow decided to return to the old internet provider so my Bluetooth was all screwy.  And suddenly, the TV began working properly again.  Glory be....

I went out with Mr Leduc by 11am and we motored on our scooters to try to meet with his Doctor so he could refer me as a new patient.  They had told me by phone that this would be necessary, but still the doctor even refused to meet us, saying he was not taking new patients...  Grrrrr

So I decided to get a couple of other chores done and went to CIBC for cash, and also realized that I needed a document from them with my new address to change the address on my driver's licence.

So I went to the Registry a block away and the line-up was right to the door.  After 15 minutes of no movement, I left.  I can do that any day...

I spotted a medical clinic across 104 Ave that had a sign for new patients so I went in.  After a brief wait, I had a meeting with Dr Ali Hayawi who easily looked my history and asked a few questions.  He gave me papers to go to nearby labs for the usual tests and he also wanted an x-ray of my neck because of my continuing arm pain.  Those can wait for another day too.

I took the Golden directly into Save-On foods to do some minor shopping because I could only fit so much in the small baskets.  Golden had done yeoman service this day, and was getting near to the end of its power, so I drove it right up to the apartment.

Today, I am keeping out the second 30C heat outside and getting odds and sods done while preparing for the supposed delivery of my fireplace TV stand tomorrow.  That will change the look of the apartment a lot.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Lunch menu for May

Golden is useful for shopping.