Sunday, May 28, 2023

Sunday May 28, 2023 Outing

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Sunday May 28, 2023

I was up early to wash my Turi blankets because the white cotton backing left a horrible mess on my recliner.  While I was at it, I washed the "Oh My Papa" shower curtain to remove the wrikles as well.  All came out beautifully...  I am so amazed that the blankets are actually cool to sit on...  Bonus!!

Well I have been invited to the lake next weekend with my kids.  Let us hope the weather will cooperate.  The forecast is for temps in the low 20's.

I decided to go out for lunch and went as far as Boston Pizza on 106 St but it does not open until 4pm on Sundays, so I backtracked and satisfied a constant craving for donairs which have become one of my favourite foods.  I couldn't even eat it all so I may will have enough for a light supper before my bad snacking habit watching the hockey game and reading.  The guy at the donair shop had me bring in the Golden because he did not trust a trio hanging around outside (they were still there when I left).

I then took the Golden south towards the Legislature and the High Level Bridge for a bit of an afternoon outing.  All of the construction at the Legislature grounds to the north really detracts from taking pictures from decent angles.

When I returned, I collapsed into a long afternoon nap until the rising wind outside made me get up to close the windows.  We are finally getting a bit of the promised rain for today.  I hope it pours all over the province to give respite to the firemen battling the forest fires.  https://www.arcgis.com/apps/dashboards/3ffcc2d0ef3e4e0999b0cf8b636defa3

There are way too many wildfires out of control....  The tiny sprinkle outside would sadly not be much help for anything.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

The tram was running over the High Level Bridge

A donair is one of my favourite meals

A pretty decent restaurant.

The Legislature of Alberta

See the flags

A sculpture nearby

A robin is scavenging

Suntanners at Ezio Faraone Park above the river

Bridges above the North Saskatchewan

A gorgeous day

The lovely Legislature again

Flower plantings at our building

Sunflowers are magical

I love them, and their seeds, lol.

Newly washed blanket moved to the loveseat

The other graces my recliner.