Monday, May 22, 2023

Monday May 22, 2023 Innovation

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Monday May 22, 2023

Early Sunday morning, we got a bit of rain around 1am.  We were hoping for more but are expecting a thundershower today that is hitting Calgary at this moment.  We desperately need a big, heavy rain to shut down the many forest fires that threaten many communities and ruin our air quality.  Trees are supposed to clean our air, not pollute it.

If it wasn't for sports on TV, and a good book, I would be going stir-crazy with boredom.  Nobody wants to venture out much when the smoke is so thick.  And I can highly recommend the great Emperor series about Julius Caesar by Conn Iggulden, starting with The Gates Of Rome.

Today, I was booked for lunch downstairs because Salisbury steak with onion rings sounded too good to pass up.  The meal was late arriving and I was so disappointed to find the smallest Salisbury steak ever,.... hidden under 3 small soggy onion rings.   The pork tomorrow better be real good or I will be curtailing my meals down there.

I actually cracked the outside container of the new hummingbird feeder when trying to get the suction cups to take hold from my awkward vantage point.  I am still not very confident that I have succeeded.  I was trying to find a way not to tie up the Nikon to get photos of birds that are ignoring the free food thus far and Eureka,.... I had a brainstorm...!!!  

I had my 2 car cameras that only need USB power to record 24-7, so I put those to good use!  I guess that is what comes from reading books about the powerful and innovative Julius Caesar...

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


Welcome rain at 1am Sunday

We sure need a lot more!

Cream of broccoli and cauliuflower soup

Tiny greek salad

New game:  Find the Salisbury steak...

Fruit for dessert

Installed hummingbird feeder

Added 2 cameras!

 

 

 

 

 

 

Fin