Saturday, May 20, 2023

Saturday May 20, 2023 WEM

 

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Saturday May 20, 2023

It is even smokier today, very grey and heavy everywhere.

After chores, I decided to use my Senior Bus Pass to travel west to West Edmonton Mall (still the largest Mall in the world?) to browse and have lunch.  It actually was a pretty quick trip, not counting the wait for the bus...

I made a few enquiries about engraving and rubber stamps then headed for the food court.  Even though almost everything is available in the block-long area, I spotted a donair place and headed there.  There are not too many better complete meals available anywhere.

I got a telephone notification that I had a second delivery today (the first being the backing for my TV fireplace stand), and sure enough, my new hummingbird feeder was sitting at my door.  Again, I thank the Lord that this is an honest building.

As I began writing this Blog, Cristina messaged me that she had found the guy I had lent money to at LA14, having lunch with the mother he said was dead, his wife, and his sister!  Cristina approached him again as he left and they videoed his sputtering responses.  I sent him a note calling him a thief and and he has been corresponding again, lying through his teeth even more.....  Do not lend a Latin American a red cent or you will never see it again....  I should have known better after the first time.  They care nothing for anyone except themselves and their immediate family.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Smoke leaving downtown

Ice Palace at WEM


Donair

Replica of Santa Maria in WEM

Ferrari

Smoke covering WEM

New hummingbird feeder